Question How do I fix my PC from stopping on the VGA light during boot, causing my computer not to boot?

Jun 13, 2020
Background: My PC was finished in early March this year, so it's pretty new. Before installing my GPU, the indicator lights on my MOBO would get stuck at VGA and I would have to reboot 1-3 times before it booted properly. Anyways, after getting my GPU this never happened and my computer would boot fine. I didn't shut down or restart my PC a lot after getting my GPU because there was no need to; I did it a lot before completing the build because I was still adding parts. Even with my finished computer, my game would freeze once a week or so and I would wait for a little, CTRL+ALT+DEL, task manager, and end task.

My problem: My game froze while I was in a conversation with my dad and as I was distracted, I didn't wait for the task manager and went directly to shutting down the power and turning it back on. However, for the first time since installing my GPU, the boot got stuck on the VGA light on my MOBO. Despite numerous restarts, it just won't boot up. I have heard this could be due to the BIOS not being updated, but I can't update it using the ASUS Flashback method because my MOBO isn't compatible. I tried removing the GPU and booting with the built-in graphics, but it still doesn't work. Thanks for any help and I'll be glad to answer any questions.

Specs: Intel i7-9700K

be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4

Corsair RM850x

GIGABYTE RTX 2070 Super Gaming OC 3X White OC

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming

2x8GB 3200 MHz Corsair Vengence LPX

Intel 660p 1TB M.2

Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM 1TB HDD

NZXT H510i

From the description my first thought is a faulty motherboard from the start. However, before we get there let's get everything else settled.

What monitor do you have, connected with what type of connector? Are the monitor and cable also new?

Can the situation be remedied by:

Doing a CMOS reset - that is, unplug power and remove the round coin cell battery by gently pressing its retention lever, wait about a minute and try again

Re-installing all memory sticks, the CPU, and any other cards?

Jun 13, 2020
From the description my first thought is a faulty motherboard from the start. However, before we get there let's get everything else settled.

What monitor do you have, connected with what type of connector? Are the monitor and cable also new?

Can the situation be remedied by:

Doing a CMOS reset - that is, unplug power and remove the round coin cell battery by gently pressing its retention lever, wait about a minute and try again

Re-installing all memory sticks, the CPU, and any other cards?
I have a Samsung monitor connected via HDMI, both as new as the PC. I tried a CMOS reset but I didn't wait a minute so let me try that again. If that doen't work, I'll dismantle and reassemble my entire PC and get back to you. Thanks for the response!

Jun 13, 2020
OK. It's also worth checking whether a different monitor and/or cable or cable type helps.
Ok. I reset the CMOS and essentially rebuilt the entire computer, but it's the same thing. It powers on, fans running but no display. Let me try a new monitor.

Jun 13, 2020
I tried a new monitor, still didn't work. I tried my existing HDMI cable on my laptop and it worked. I don't have a DP -> DP cable, but I'm going to try my friend's DP -> HDMI cable in a bit.