[SOLVED] How do I fix my PC having slower Mbps compared to my other devices

Jan 18, 2020
I have noticed recently that my PC is getting much lower downloads speeds to my other devices such as my Xbox. My PC is getting download rates of up to 3mps max wheares my Xbox is getting around 25-30mps. also my PC has a wired connection to the router but my Xbox has wireless. I was wondering if there would be a solution to this and if I could get it fixed.

Solution
I have noticed recently that my PC is getting much lower downloads speeds to my other devices such as my Xbox. My PC is getting download rates of up to 3mps max wheares my Xbox is getting around 25-30mps. also my PC has a wired connection to the router but my Xbox has wireless. I was wondering if there would be a solution to this and if I could get it fixed.
Also, be sure you have your units correct. PC download speeds are in bytes (MB) and internet speeds are in bits (Mb). So 3MB would be 24Mb.

Ralston18

Titan
More information needed: update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Have you tried another known working (at speed) Ethernet cable between PC and router?

Are you sure that only the wired network adapter on your PC is enabled. Only one network adapter (either wired or wireless) should be enabled. Not both at the same time.

Windows 10 - try running the built-in network troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Are you able to run and post the results of "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the command prompt?

Make and model router? Who has admin rights to the router? You may need help from that person.

kanewolf

Titan
Also, be sure you have your units correct. PC download speeds are in bytes (MB) and internet speeds are in bits (Mb). So 3MB would be 24Mb.

Solution