Question How do i fix my screen flickering on and off?

CM_07

Prominent
Nov 25, 2019
I have this computer that I’m repairing that used to have a display problem. It would work fine with VGA but when DP was connected it would flash rgb and white and black. I did a factory reset and reinstalled drivers and it seemed to work fine till i unplugged VGA and now the display connected via DP flickers on and off. What can i do?

Ralston18

Titan
Just to clarify: VGA video connection by itself or a DP video connection by itself works. No flashing or flickering - correct?

But using both together at the same time - there is flashing and flickering - correct?

Dual monitors?

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition.

CM_07

Prominent
Nov 25, 2019
Okay. The VGA works fine when it is hooked up by itself. The flickering happens when I disconnect VGA when i have both VGA and DP connected. When DP is connected by itself it has that flickering problem but if i connect the VGA as well and run dual monitors like that there is no problem.

I don’t have much specs on the computer as it is a computer I found. All I can say is that it’s an HP ProDesk 500GB 180W that’s probably not too old maybe 3 years and looks new and fairly in good standing