Question How do i fix my Windows OS ?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Gingyfpss

Great
Jul 17, 2021
I’ve been having constant troubles with my PC for months, it will go well for a while, then end up having problems a month later, and i mean CONSISTENTLY. at first I’ve been having problems with “kmode_exception_not_handeld” with a Cl.DLL failure. It crashed last week with this error while playing terraria with friends.
Before i go on, all my parts are basically brand new with the exception of a HDD and a GPU; here’s the list

Asus B550 F
1TB Samsung M.2
Corsair 750w PSU
Gtx 1050ti
2x 16GB 3200mhz Corsair vengeance
Seagate 500gb HDD
NZXT cpu cooler
AMD ryzen 5 5600x

I have reset windows 4 times now, 2 of them a few months ago. Twice last night and today (currently trying to reinstall but with better progress)

To be clear in my issues for instillation: the first steps (entering product key, selecting partitions etc.) go by smoothly, it’s until i get to the actual setup, i start having problems. Every time i move my mouse on “select country/region” setup part, it freezes and restarts windows and goes back to the latter. Thinking instillation would fix the cl.dll error, which it will, i reset windows as it wouldn’t be a issue in losing all my files in order to get it fixed 100% with no more issues. i cannot for the life of me figure out what to do. I’m cleaning all my disks parts. as we speak to see if that could be an issue.

I went to Best Buy earlier today, only to waste my time and gas money for them to just take a look at it for 95.99$. I’m not fixing to pay that for a potential small fix. I’ve come to the smarter agents in here to give me hope in what the problem is. Only conclusion i have come to is that it could be my HDD failing in a way, and worst case my brand new RAM not firing right. I’ve been messing with this for days. Please help. Any info you need just ask. I won’t be able to install or test anything within my PC cause well, i can’t even get to the second option for setup. Thank you, I’ll be active all day/night

side note: before i had these problems, when ever i boot into windows and sign in, it would take a while to even get to dashboard, and then once i got in the taskbar wouldn’t work (including windows button) for a good 2-5 minutes. Even though i have a m.2. the newest version at that.

with the windows instillation, it will make my screen cut up in bars so to speak as if it’s glitching, then go to “just a moment” and freeze on the second circle it makes, then go to setup, and if i move my mouse even a nano meter, it crashes and resets, but if i use my keyboard arrows, it still lags and freezes, but goes on to the other set up options at a very slow rate. Once i get to “internet connections” there’s no option other than “i don’t have access to internet” even though i do.