Question How do I fix Reboot and select proper Boot Device

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lite77

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017
My pc doesn’t detect my optical drive or both of my hdds I have unplugged both the sata and power cables moved them around also removed cmos battery and wiped ram of any potential dust not to mention my os is installed on a readable m.2 ssd but still windows doesn’t boot how do I fix this I have tried so much

nick_v15

Prominent
BANNED
Jan 7, 2018
(I hope you restarted your pc)..Now go to device manager>IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers>right click on standard sata ahci controller>update driver software>browse my computer for driver software>let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer>if you see any "Intel controller" in there choose it.

Lite77

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017
Ok so you have the standard sata ahci controller.Download and install this.https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28182/Chipset-INF-Utility?product=90591
I put in my second pcie ssd and the same issue occurred the reboot and select proper boot device
The update didn’t do much