Question How do I fix Reboot and select proper Boot Device

Lite77

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017
My pc doesn’t detect my optical drive or both of my hdds I have unplugged both the sata and power cables moved them around also removed cmos battery and wiped ram of any potential dust not to mention my os is installed on a readable m.2 ssd but still windows doesn’t boot how do I fix this I have tried so much

Lite77

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017
Is your pc old-new?Write the specs.
I built it probably 2017 February ish

I7 6700k
1000w psu
Gigabyte lga1151 intel z170 motherboard
2 gtx 1080
16gb ddr4 ram
2 tb hdd
10tb hdd
500 gb Samsung 970 pro m.2 ssd
256 gb Samsung 950 pro m.2 ssd this one has my windows 10 os
Samsung optical drive

Hope this helps

Lite77

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017
Are you trying to install windows?
No I have windows on one of my hdds and on one of my m.2 ssd
In my bios it doesn’t even detect either of hdds or optical drive and it doesn’t let me boot windows even though it’s installed on my detectable ssd it just shows the select proper boot drive error
I have been trying for a few days to get my drives to read they’re not damaged or anything :(

Lite77

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017
I forgot to ask...Why you have 2 Windows?
I have 2 windows because my pc kept crashing with a blue error screen so I installed windows on one of my hdds but noticed how incredibly slow startups were and opening programs so I bought a new ssd but once I installed the new ssd the windows on my old ssd was working fine again

Also I finally got around to trying your advice and it didn’t work sadly ):

Lite77

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017
So basically you cant boot your pc with any of your drives..
Right it doesn’t read the sata drives and my m.2 with windows pops up in the bios but it says I need to restart and select a bootable drive or something and my optical drive doesn’t show I can’t even install windows on my new m.2 ssd

Lite77

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017
Do the same thing with all the other drives.And tell me if it reads one of them in bios.
Ok buddy you got my computer up and running but the second I put the new ssd in both my hdds can’t be read only both ssd and optical drive how do I fix that I shouldn’t have this issue the ssd is new never

nick_v15

Prominent
BANNED
Jan 7, 2018
Thats ok the point is that you got you pc back on again.Just keep you pc running with your working drive.DO NOT CONNECT THE OTHER ONES YET.Update you CHIPSET DRIVERS and then go to control panel>ADA/ATAPI controllers and tell me what it says or better post a screenshot.Take your time.

Lite77

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017
Thats ok the point is that you got you pc back on again.Just keep you pc running with your working drive.DO NOT CONNECT THE OTHER ONES YET.Update you CHIPSET DRIVERS and then go to control panel>ADA/ATAPI controllers and tell me what it says or better post a screenshot.Take your time.
Okie dokie hey man I deeply appreciate you walking me through this and helping me out for like a week I was so ready to sell my pc for parts I even put my gpus on eBay I thought it was the end of the line

Lite77

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017
I don’t see ada or atapi anywhere :(