[SOLVED] How do i fix server issue

Ibraimo

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2016
I play Valorant ...used to play Valorant on Bahrain server giving me 160ms average, (Im from Mozambique) but about 3 weeks ago, the server now gives me 300ms average, i tried changing networks, didn't work even used another network provider, so now i play on 200ms Frankfurt server, i did submit a ticket on riot games but they only explain to me whats going on they said:"Basically your PC receives internet via your ISP (Internet Service Provider) and they are responsible for how the data packets are sent to our servers. On the screenshot above, you can see 2 routes - green and red. The green one represents the perfect connection without ms rises or disconnects but the red one represents the state of your current connection. Well...there is something important that you will need to keep in mind...this red route can be different depending on where the packets have to reach and you can have a steady connection in different games/applications etc. because your ISP is providing you better routing to their servers but have not that good connection for VALORANT. In this case with the Bahrain server...it should be configured from both sides and we believe that very soon everything will be back to normal.

I hope this explains everything and your issue will be fixed very soon. Btw, if you need us in the future, please never hesitate to write another ticket and we will be more than happy to help you with everything in our power."

It's been 3 weeks and they still haven't done anything i feel like they won't bother doing anything unless several people report this issue as well.
this is the screen shot that they sent me

Now for the question
Since they didn't fix this is there any thing i can do in my part to fix it?

Solution
They did a good job of giving you a simple answer to a extremely complex topic.

Your only choice is to send and receive data from your ISP. You can do noting about how your ISP sends it to other ISP and then on to the game company. The game company may or may not have multiple ISP but they to have no control over how ISP are interconnected.

There is not much you can do. Change ISP to one that has a better path which is not a option for most people. The other varation of this is to try to find a vpn company that has a different path though the internet. There are so called gaming VPN companies but it hard to say if they really work. It depends on so much. All you can do is try a number of vpn companies and hope to get...

bignastyid

Titan
How can they fix something they have NO control over? ISPs are the ones that are in control of routing traffic.

Possible part of the backbone is down or overloaded so traffic is being rerouted around the affected area making the ping higher.

Ibraimo

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2016
How can they fix something they have NO control over? ISPs are the ones that are in control of routing traffic.

Possible part of the backbone is down or overloaded so traffic is being rerouted around the affected area making the ping higher.
like i said used different networks with different providers or doesnt that matter?, so there is no way to fix this?

Your only choice is to send and receive data from your ISP. You can do noting about how your ISP sends it to other ISP and then on to the game company. The game company may or may not have multiple ISP but they to have no control over how ISP are interconnected.

There is not much you can do. Change ISP to one that has a better path which is not a option for most people. The other varation of this is to try to find a vpn company that has a different path though the internet. There are so called gaming VPN companies but it hard to say if they really work. It depends on so much. All you can do is try a number of vpn companies and hope to get lucky. Do not use the free ones most are not honest, some have been caught loading bitcoin miners on the machine that run even after the vpn is down. VPN should in theory always be slower because of all the overhead but sometimes you get lucky, mostly it is in asia where not all ISP have access to the most direct undersea fiber.

Solution

Ibraimo

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2016

There is not much you can do. Change ISP to one that has a better path which is not a option for most people. The other varation of this is to try to find a vpn company that has a different path though the internet. There are so called gaming VPN companies but it hard to say if they really work. It depends on so much. All you can do is try a number of vpn companies and hope to get lucky. Do not use the free ones most are not honest, some have been caught loading bitcoin miners on the machine that run even after the vpn is down. VPN should in theory always be slower because of all the overhead but sometimes you get lucky, mostly it is in asia where not all ISP have access to the most direct undersea fiber.
So what about this View: https://imgur.com/a/NeD3Cpm
? i get 141ms but in valorant i get 300, (sorry that you have to explain it again but stuff isnt simple for me)

It would take a weaek to explain to you how this really works. And even then it makes no difference you have no ability to control the path your data takes.

Different servers are located in different location and different companies buy internet connections from different ISP. Way to many variables to actually predict what the latency you will get.

Some places your data may go over almost direct fiber others it may go though many other countries. It all depends on the agreements ISP have between each other. They pay each other to use certain equipment. Your ISP may not have agreements to use the most direct paths.