Question How do I fix system not booting when placing memory into my motherboard?

May 30, 2019
Specs:
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H
CPU: Intel Core I5-3330
Memory: 2x 2GB DDR3-1333

So here is my issue:
When only using one 2GB stick of memory, in DIMM Slot DDR3_1, my system boots after the PSU cycling once! I can then enter the BIOS and it shows that I have 2048mb of RAM.
When I insert the second stick of memory into the DIMM Slot DDR3_2 (A matching coloured slot), and flip the CMOS Battery, my PSU cycles twice and then on the third cycle the CPU fan ramps up and at the top of the screen I see the text Gigabyte - UEFI DualBIOS and then the system shutdowns and it cycles twice and repeats...
Incidentally this BIOS screen is the same as what appears when you flip the CMOS battery - when only using one DIMM - but is lacking the box telling you your bios has been reset!
I checked the CPU socket for bent pins and this is what I found:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/gHYmeDUBDErweysV6

I have also checked the ram is fine and have tested with two crucial 2gb dimms and have checked the PSU - it seems to be fine!

I have also tested with a different CPU that is known to be working - still no luck!

Any ideas will be gladly tested - at this moment in time I really don't wish to buy a new board as the one I have served me well with a good chip!
Thanks in advance,

Jim

May 30, 2019
is there a bent pin on top right
Yeah it may be - after looking at it with a magnifying glass it isn't obvious how it is positioned so I am not sure how to lift it properly!
Tomorrow I'll attempt to lift it again but I might need to try and find the angle properly!

Do you know of any specific techniques for the pins?

USAFRet

Titan
Before - No boot
1a9v061.jpg
After - boot success
oenFyWk.jpg
A steady hand, bright light, stable workspace...
to fix:
JYUnC45.png

May 30, 2019
Hello everyone! I fixed the ram issue by qflashing BIOS f9 and it seems to've been resurrected!

Thanks for all your help.

Fingers crossed those pins allow my pcie lanes to work :)

Jim