[SOLVED] how do i fix tearing without capping the fps

Nov 28, 2021
hi.
v-sync just sucks and fast sync doesnt work

i have a gtx 750ti an when i play games my monitor starts tearing .

idk if is my monitor just trash or its my gpu.

please i need help

specs

cpu: i5 4570
ram: 8 gb ddr3
gpu nvidia gtx-750ti
monitor: samsung essentials curved monitor 24" <------- (only information tht i have)

Solution

It's your standard 1920x1080 monitor. Freesync might work. Have you tried? There is also a "game mode" which I didn't read above. Have you tried turning that on/off?

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-750-ti-review,3750.html

I'm pretty sure the problem is your GPU. Look at the publish date, 2014. That video card is 7yo, and it was lower end back then. If you jump to the game part of the review on page 7, you'll see that with high preset in Arma 3, it can only hit ~40FPS. AC4 could only do ~35. Same story with BF4. That's why Vsync is capping the frames so bad. Because if you can't hit 60FPS, 30FPS is the next...

4745454b

Titan

It's your standard 1920x1080 monitor. Freesync might work. Have you tried? There is also a "game mode" which I didn't read above. Have you tried turning that on/off?

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-750-ti-review,3750.html

I'm pretty sure the problem is your GPU. Look at the publish date, 2014. That video card is 7yo, and it was lower end back then. If you jump to the game part of the review on page 7, you'll see that with high preset in Arma 3, it can only hit ~40FPS. AC4 could only do ~35. Same story with BF4. That's why Vsync is capping the frames so bad. Because if you can't hit 60FPS, 30FPS is the next target. And keep in mind that these games are 7yo, newer games would be even worse. That answer is to get a newer GPU, I know, or get Freesync working on your GPU/Monitor. Which would be a lot cheaper.

Solution
Run games in windowed or borderless windowed. Windows renders windows with triple buffering + vsync, which allows the GPU to render as fast as it wants, but what's presented to you is the last fully rendered frame. Otherwise if you demand exclusive full screen, you have to enable Vsync to prevent tearing. Fast Sync is only useful when the GPU can reliably perform faster than the refresh rate.

The 750 Ti is not compatible with FreeSync. NVIDIA only enabled FreeSync support for Pascal and later GPUs.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Change detail levels. Not the generic low-med or ultra, but individual settings like viewing distance, grass detail etc. Can also try changing 3d rendered frames (in global settings) from default (3 )to 1. If none of that works, as mentioned by @hotaru.hino windowed Borderless will be the better option. That uses DirectX instead of OpenGL or Vulcan api.