How do I fix the kernel power event 41 error in windows 8.1?

SirSubby

Reputable
Jan 17, 2015
Hello everyone! So I've had my computer for about two weeks now, and I recently bought a new keyboard for it, and right when I plugged it in, I got the blue screen of death. I checked the event logs, and it was the kernel power error 41. Ever since then, I've been getting random reboots in my system. It's been going on for about a week, and its really annoying, especially when playing games. If anyone can tell me how to fix this error that would be awesome! Thanks!
Specs-

Windows 8.1
Intel Core i5 4440 CPU @ 3.1 ghz (not overclocked)
Nvidia Geforce GTX 745 4gb
8gb ddr3 RAM

Keyboard that started the error- http://www.amazon.com/AULA-Backlit-Gaming-Keyboard-Colorways/dp/B00FWK8UWI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1421511628&sr=8-1&keywords=gaming+keyboard&pebp=1421511638626&peasin=B00FWK8UWI

Solution
BSODs are typically driver faults. caused by either bad software or hardware drivers. the MOST likely cause of BSOD is bad graphic drivers followed closely by bad printer drivers.

-uninstall all your printers then restart and try to manually install them again
-uninstall your video card drivers and anything associated with them then restart and manually install the latest drivers.

see if that gets you anywhere.
try unplugging the keyboard and use the old one. if the problem goes away you have a junk keyboard which has a short somewhere (probably a bad usb line).

remember the usb ports are wired directly into your motherboard's southbridge. It's not unheard of for a bad usb device to mess with a computer like this.

SirSubby

Reputable
Jan 17, 2015
I don't know. I tried using my old keyboard , and eventually I got the error again. So it might not be the keyboard. I also ran windows troubleshoot, but that didn't do a thing.

SirSubby

Reputable
Jan 17, 2015
I don't know. I tried using my old keyboard , and eventually I got the error again. So it might not be the keyboard. I also ran windows troubleshoot, but that didn't do a thing.

BSODs are typically driver faults. caused by either bad software or hardware drivers. the MOST likely cause of BSOD is bad graphic drivers followed closely by bad printer drivers.

-uninstall all your printers then restart and try to manually install them again
-uninstall your video card drivers and anything associated with them then restart and manually install the latest drivers.

see if that gets you anywhere.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan

Yes. And in this case, seems to be a crap keyboard or keyboard driver.

timgarrow

Commendable
Jan 19, 2017
try active cooling instead of passive and java script time frequency to max performance instead of max power saving power button action power off instead of sleep and remote access I don’t allow