[SOLVED] How do I fix this black screen

Nov 30, 2020
So, every time I boot my pc up after being completely shut down, I get this black screen with the task bar and cursor once I log in. If I click, I get the windows chime like I'm not clicking where I should be. If I open the task manager and hover over the icon, the black screen goes away and I can see my desktop, but if I click the task manager, it goes back to black. Also, if I hit Win+tab like I'm going to create a new desktop, I can see the homescreen and the little boxes for each desktop have a black square in them. This issue normally lasts for 5 minutes or so and I can't think of anything that would cause it!

I built a brand new pc just a couple weeks ago (which is when this started). Took the 1TB out of my old computer and used that with the new one because it has all my important documents as well as windows. I bought a new windows key because microsoft is greedy and requires it, downloaded and installed all the required drivers (as well as uninstalled old ones not being used). I'm not sure exactly when it started but it was a couple days or so after I finished the build and finished tweaking everything.

Pc specs:
Tuff gaming X570 Plus
Ryzen 3700x
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB
WD Blue 1TB
Samsung 970 Evo plus 1TB
XFX RX 5700xt thicc 2
Evga 700w psu

Solution
No it is not, I just took the hdd from my old computer and smacked it inside my newly built one, wiped out all the drivers and installed the new ones associated with all my hardware.

Unfortunately there are drivers that remains that you cannot uninstall from the other build. When you build a new system it is recommended to reinstall Windows and not bring it from another system.

Sometime it works. Sometime it doesn't and sometime you chase issues like you're doing. Just reinstall Windows 10.
No it is not, I just took the hdd from my old computer and smacked it inside my newly built one, wiped out all the drivers and installed the new ones associated with all my hardware.

Unfortunately there are drivers that remains that you cannot uninstall from the other build. When you build a new system it is recommended to reinstall Windows and not bring it from another system.

Sometime it works. Sometime it doesn't and sometime you chase issues like you're doing. Just reinstall Windows 10.

Solution
Nov 30, 2020

I will probably end up doing this when I get another m.2 drive as the one I have now is full with games and I have about 700gb worth of important documents and pictures on the hdd that I would need to transfer. Thanks for the help! I appreciate it.