[SOLVED] How do I fix this? M2 to M2 write both ways = slow.

Apr 5, 2021
SSD/HDD to M2 write = fast.
M2 to SSD/HDD = normal write speed.
M2 to M2 (both ways) = slow. Slower than an HDD from 1999.

ACHI is enables along with Trim. Temps are in the 30-40 range during writing.

Any ideas guys?

Solution
I'm it's not lack of info, it's more like confusion and family/life/jobs/sleep etc.

M.2 is a form factor, it's basically sata or nvme, no different to the ports on the mobo.

You have 2 nvme drives (960/p1) and hdd and another Sata drive?

So realistically you should be reading/writing according to what those drives are capable of according to the actual ports they are plugged into. Some use cpu pcie lanes, some use chipset.

That maybe where the issue lies in in the chipset lanes, if it's conflicting with the drivers/windows.

I'd start by going to the motherboard website and downloading all the chipset drivers, audio-Lan-USB family-pcie etc.

Windows also has a bad habit of making nvme drives as MBR if 2TB or less, but really...

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What is the make and model of your SSD/storage devices and the make and model of your motherboard? Include the processor you're using and the BIOS version for your motherboard at the time of writing. We will also need to know the version of Windows 10(assuming you're on Windows 10) that you're working with.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
I'm it's not lack of info, it's more like confusion and family/life/jobs/sleep etc.

M.2 is a form factor, it's basically sata or nvme, no different to the ports on the mobo.

You have 2 nvme drives (960/p1) and hdd and another Sata drive?

So realistically you should be reading/writing according to what those drives are capable of according to the actual ports they are plugged into. Some use cpu pcie lanes, some use chipset.

That maybe where the issue lies in in the chipset lanes, if it's conflicting with the drivers/windows.

I'd start by going to the motherboard website and downloading all the chipset drivers, audio-Lan-USB family-pcie etc.

Windows also has a bad habit of making nvme drives as MBR if 2TB or less, but really they run best as GPT. Might check that and convert if you have to.

Solution