Question How do I fix

Oct 22, 2020
My Desktop & My wifes desk top lost printer use with Win 10. I can import a Screen shot or photo into Picasa or printmaster 2 print only.

We tried to remove the suspect win 10 updates. could not find either, both pcs have the 2020 upgrades.

Any ideas on how I can get my big beautiful Lazer jet to work with win 10 again?

Oct 22, 2020
  • Spidy asked:
Please provide the printer model number so that I can help you according to that.

Bannedlmao asked:
Check your services because you may have print spooler service disabled there.

Print service running, on automatic. Canon Color Imageclass MF8350 Cdn
Printer works fine with any photo program, just not Win 10 PS like a recpt. in your e-mail.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2020
You said "just not with Windows 10". Do you mean that you cannot print it out from MS Word, PDF files etc?
  1. When you go to MS Word to print any document, do you see your printer there to select it?
  2. Is your printer connected to through WIFI or USB cable?
  3. Plug your printer's USB cable to another port of the computer.

Oct 22, 2020
You said "just not with Windows 10". Do you mean that you cannot print it out from MS Word, PDF files etc?
  1. When you go to MS Word to print any document, do you see your printer there to select it?
  2. Is your printer connected to through WIFI or USB cable?
  3. Plug your printer's USB cable to another port of the computer.

Printer is wired through the Switch & all signs show the system recognizes the printer.
I can go into lets say Picasa, chose a JPEG then print out a color pic, also go into Printmaster & write
then print out a PDF.

Everytime I chose an e-mail click print, as soon as I click print it crashes to the desktop & then win 10 asks
if I want to reclaim the previous page.

In my OP I said we had heard of this " Win 10 update printer problem" we read where you could uninstall
2 win 10 updates only on PC1 it shows one update then it's not listed where you can delete it.
On PC2 my win 7 machine, all this started when I updated to Win 10.

Both PCs had a working Printe,r I had win 7 she had win 10m & at the time I updated to win 10 this
is when the printer quit working with both pcs. Surely I hear the call of Open source, however we
cannot be alone in this problem & all I hear is crickets from Windows.