How do I format a DVD-R or DVD+R or DVD-RW for play back in my dvd player? And why have two burned videos succeeded while the

Amy_16

Commendable
Mar 13, 2016
How do I format a DVD+R for burning my own video for playback on a device other than my computer? Is there a difference between DVD-R and DVD-RW? Why do some of my burned video discs work, while others won't?

Solution
This will depend on a huge number of factors, I am afraid. One is what device you are trying to play them ON. Some read writeable DVDs nicely, some don't, some will only read them if the data was written in one session and closed (did you close the session)?
It also depends on your writer (what is it?) and your media, and it can be a bit of a crapshoot.
This will depend on a huge number of factors, I am afraid. One is what device you are trying to play them ON. Some read writeable DVDs nicely, some don't, some will only read them if the data was written in one session and closed (did you close the session)?
It also depends on your writer (what is it?) and your media, and it can be a bit of a crapshoot.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS