raunakFIX

Honorable
Dec 7, 2015
I was encrypting my pendrive using veracrypt and the encryption failed at 97%, thus making the flashdrive RAW. I have tried formatting the pendrive many ways, nothing works. I have used 3 different third party softwares such as minitool AOMEI partition. They do detect the flashdrive but aren't showing any action options for it. I can't do anything with those software, all the options in the action menu are grayed out for the flashdrive. The flashdrive doesn't show up in the file explorer, "this Pc". However it does show up in the Disk Management, but again, I can't access any of the options from it, all are grayed out when I right click the drive. I have also tried to use diskpart command in the cmd. I ran the cmd using administrator and whenever I go for, "clean" command, it shows, "I/O device error". I have also removed the write protection using attributes readonly in diskpart and it was successful, but again, the "clean" command gives I/O device error. There is some data on the flashdrive, which is accessible via data recovery softwares. But I have a backup of my data, so I don't care if I lose the data. Basically I need the flashdrive to function again. Please note that i am unable to do perform any kind of action with the pendrive, which includes - format, change drive letter, delete partition etc. All the action options are grayed out in both the third party softwares and in the windows disk management. I am attaching the screenshots of everything that I have tried, please help!
Diskpart Disk management Options grayed out, disk management AOMEI partition assistant Minitool partition wizard

raunakFIX

Honorable
Dec 7, 2015
Can you try the following in diskpart;

1. At a command prompt, type: Diskpart.exe
  2. At the DISKPART prompt, type: Select Disk 1
  3. At the DISKPART prompt, type: Select Partition 1
  4. At the DISKPART prompt, type: DELETE partition
  5. At the DISKPART prompt, type: Exit

Not able to select the partition. Is there anything else that you can suggest or is it a complete hardware failure? View: https://imgur.com/51cGZo4

Not able to select the partition. Is there anything else that you can suggest or is it a complete hardware failure? View: https://imgur.com/51cGZo4
Have you tried to do a CLEAN?
  2. At the DISKPART prompt, type: List Disk
  3. At the DISKPART prompt, type: Select Disk (whichever is the flashdrive's number from List Disk above)
  4. At the DISKPART prompt, type: CLEAN
That should leave the drive pristine. Then go into Disk Manager and create a new simple volume on the drive. Format as you wish (FAT32 or NTFS).

raunakFIX

Honorable
Dec 7, 2015
Have you tried to do a CLEAN?
  2. At the DISKPART prompt, type: List Disk
  3. At the DISKPART prompt, type: Select Disk (whichever is the flashdrive's number from List Disk above)
  4. At the DISKPART prompt, type: CLEAN
That should leave the drive pristine. Then go into Disk Manager and create a new simple volume on the drive. Format as you wish (FAT32 or NTFS).
I have tried that. It shows I/O device error.