[SOLVED] How do i further cool my laptop without sacrificing performance?

That was cool ngl

Prominent
Feb 4, 2022
How can I further cool my laptop without sacrificing any performance? I do have a cooling pad overvolted to 12 volts but it still manages to get to around 70-77 degrees Celsius.

Solution
The fans you see on some cooling pads don't do all that much - it's the elevation that contributed the most.
The fans inside laptops draw air through the vents at the bottom, and it gets blasted out the back. Though radial fans excel at tight spaces, even they appreciate some extra breathing room.
The same can also be applied to the fans on cooling pads, except they're not radial; they too can be choked, and end up as little more than a gimmick.

That was cool ngl

Prominent
Feb 4, 2022
D

Deleted member 14196

My son uses a cooling stand whereby the laptop sits several inches above the surface of your desk and his laptop stays nice and cool you hardly ever hear the fan kick on

It’s just a nice stand and let’s the air flow freely all around the PC

Nulaxy Laptop Stand, Ergonomic Aluminum Laptop Computer Stand, Detachable Laptop Riser Notebook Holder Stand Compatible with MacBook Air Pro, Dell XPS, HP, Lenovo More 10-15.6” Laptops https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P54RSPY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_43ZHXE5WN67ECZVJ6D02?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Reactions: Phaaze88

That was cool ngl

Prominent
Feb 4, 2022
My son uses a cooling stand whereby the laptop sits several inches above the surface of your desk and his laptop stays nice and cool you hardly ever hear the fan kick on

It’s just a nice stand and let’s the air flow freely all around the PC

Nulaxy Laptop Stand, Ergonomic Aluminum Laptop Computer Stand, Detachable Laptop Riser Notebook Holder Stand Compatible with MacBook Air Pro, Dell XPS, HP, Lenovo More 10-15.6” Laptops https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P54RSPY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_43ZHXE5WN67ECZVJ6D02?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
It looks nice! and thanks for the suggestion I'll further decide to look into it since the cooling pad i have right now only has 2 larger fans on the left and right side

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
The fans you see on some cooling pads don't do all that much - it's the elevation that contributed the most.
The fans inside laptops draw air through the vents at the bottom, and it gets blasted out the back. Though radial fans excel at tight spaces, even they appreciate some extra breathing room.
The same can also be applied to the fans on cooling pads, except they're not radial; they too can be choked, and end up as little more than a gimmick.

Solution