[SOLVED] How do I get Corsair 3200 to run as advertised on a Ryzen 9 3900X using Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Mobo?

Apr 21, 2020
Hi all.
I need advice on best way to get the best out of my Corsair Vengence 3200 ( 4x8GB ) DRAM installed on a X570 Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard. I am a complete newb when it comes to PCs as I was a MAC user for many years.
I need to know what settings I should be using to get the 3200 speed as opposed to a lot less currently being displayed in the Bios.
I have an AMD Ryzen 9 3900X with a 2Tb M.2 NVMe card on slot nearest the CPU and a 1080ti graphics card in slot 1. I am using a fractal AIO plus 3 case fans.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Kev

Apr 21, 2020
Hi guys, as a total wombat with PCs and Bios etc ( Mac user for many years ) I am having trouble in getting my memory to run at its' advertised speed of 3200. I know the mobo is capable of this as is the CPU so I am assuming it is something to do with the settings in the Bios.
Can anyone help?
Thanks
Kev

Apr 21, 2020
Enable xmp profile. If there are multiple profiles, try each and see which makes them run at 3200mhz (CPU Z will probably say it's 1600mhz, just double what CPU Z says)
Hi, I ran CPU-Z and in the memory tab it shows:
DDR4 Dual channel 32Gb NB Freq 1098.5MHz

FSB:DRAM 3:32
CAS # Latency (CL) 15.0 clocks
RAS#to CAS#Delay (tRCD) 15 clocks
RAS#Precharge (tRP) 15 clocks
Cycle Time (tRAS) 36 clocks
Bank Cycle Time (tRC) 51 clocks
Command Rate (CR) 2T

No idea what this means!!! Any ideas??
cheers

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
In the Asus bios are you probably looking for DOCP, enable that, choose profile 1.

emaRq3E.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Ziadul87
Apr 21, 2020
Thanks guys, I have been on to ASUS and it turned out their EZ Install had not put in the very latest Bios which I have now done manually. I will run it later today and see what the results are. \
Is there anywhere specifically that show the running speed of the installed DRAMM??

Thanks

Ziadul87

Reputable
BANNED
Thanks guys, I have been on to ASUS and it turned out their EZ Install had not put in the very latest Bios which I have now done manually. I will run it later today and see what the results are. \
Is there anywhere specifically that show the running speed of the installed DRAMM??

Thanks
Download CPU Z and send screenshots of memory and SPD tabs.