How do I get double router port forwarding to work?

Andreas99

Reputable
Jul 2, 2015
So I have a 2 routers of the same model. (Verizon fios actiontec MI424WR) I have changed each IP to where my main one was 192.168.2.1 and my secondary was 192.168.1.1. What I did was set up a bridge a while back. I recently called Verizon for help and they didn't help at all. They told me to change my DMZ host IP on the main router to the IP of the secondary router. So the secondary router is currently being used as a switch. I have my Xbox and laptop wired to it while my phone is connected wirelessly. It works fine. Now that I'm connected I want to set up a port forward on my laptop for a game that I'm working on, but when I go to enable the port on my second router it doesn't work. It works wirelessly on my first router(can't connect Ethernet, too far)and I've done it wired in the past. My question is, is it possible to enable port forwarding on my second router? If it is how can I do it? If you need any more detail please let me know and I'll update the description. (I tried to switch the routers, but the internet was off for some reason. If you know how to work around this then that could be a solution) thanks for the help.

BuddhaSkoota

Admirable

From your description, the second router is actually performing routing functions, not as a switch-only device as you state.

Exactly what doesn't work? Are you not able to access the second router's GUI? No connection via ports? More details needed.

Andreas99

Reputable
Jul 2, 2015

I'm trying to get a game that I'm working on to connect. The port basically doesn't work. I can access all of the routers GUI. Im getting no connection via the port.

Andreas99

Reputable
Jul 2, 2015

Any Idea?