[SOLVED] How do i get M.2 to work

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ferimer

Distinguished
so the m.2 finally arrived and I had installed it into my computer. I am unsrlure what to do in my bios as well as transferring the O/s to the m.2. Furthermore I can see the M2 in the device list of my Bios but that's as far as it seems to go. What are the steps needed to just take the windows o/s partition and transfer it given that is even possible ?

Ferimer

Distinguished
Great.
Then you can clean HDD, repartition it and use for secondary storage.
That's what I am curious to know I believe I did it right as the drive is completely empty there are no files on it. So it's just a simple transfer like a Cut and paste or a Move To type thing right ? Sorry for all the questions I never messed around with Storage drives before. First time

Ferimer

Distinguished
The reason it wasnt working was because the EPI drive was marked as D meaning that the boot up thought that is where it was needed to load from so there was no boot OS in its file of 300MB storage so that was the error. Once I completely figured it out everything went smooth. Thanks again for all your help guys. I wish I could pick 2 best answers as you both stuck with me through it and I'm grateful. Its why I use these forums to help and be helped.