[SOLVED] How do I get my BIOS to detect my brother's SATA SSD and HDD drives? (MSI Z370 A Pro)

Apr 22, 2022
I'm new here, so I am sorry if this is posted in the wrong part of the forum.

Here is the info for my brother's computer:

CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Xtreme (GXiVR8280A)

Motherboard: MSI Z370 A Pro
CPU: i7-8700k
GPU: RTX 2080 8 GB
SSD: 240 GB SanDisk SATA
HDD: 3 TB Toshiba 7200 RPM SATA
RAM: 2 x 8 GB TeamGroup DDR4 2400 MHz CL16
PSU: Generic Non-Modular 750 Watt 80+ Bronze

I had just upgraded a few things on my personal computer and passed on any parts I thought my brother might benefit from. I gave him my Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 750 Watt 80+ Gold PSU and my two ADATA XPG Z1 8 GB Sticks because they were 3600 MHz CL18 so I figured they would be a little faster for him after setting up the XMP profile. I also gave him my previous CPU cooler; an Enermax ETS-T50A air cooler. After rewiring everything to the new PSU and starting the system up, everything seemed to be working fine. The BIOS came up and I changed the XMP profile. I hit "save and reboot" and then for some reason it kept booting to the BIOS. I checked and realized that neither the SSD nor the HDD drive was being recognized. I tried re-enabling the SATA ports through the BIOS, resetting the BIOS defaults, flashing the BIOS to the most recent version, changing the SATA cables, changing the power cables, checking the OS setup info was set to UEFI and not CSM, enabling "Secure Boot", pulling the CMOS battery for 60 seconds and starting the computer with only the SSD (the drive with the OS installed on it), and MSI tech support can't seem to help me except to say that maybe there was some electrical shock to the motherboard or something like that. Everything else is working, it just doesn't see the drives for some reason. I wanted to see if there were any helpful suggestions on what I should try next. If you need any more info, please ask and I will respond as soon as I can.