Question How do I get my google chrome bookmarks from my old pc to new?

Jan 24, 2023
My old pc died after a power outage so I ended up building a new one. After signing into my Google account I realized I had none of my bookmarks, I saw turning on synced work for some people but it didn't work for me. Is there any way to get my bookmarks back?

Edit: Managed to get my bookmarks back today, Thanks for all the help!

Last edited:
Reactions: richardwilson1
Jan 24, 2023
Feb 9, 2023
You can easily transfer your Google Chrome bookmarks from one computer to another by using the following steps:
  1. On your old computer, open Google Chrome and click on the three dots (menu) in the upper-right corner of the window.
  2. Click on "Bookmarks" and then "Bookmark Manager."
  3. In the Bookmark Manager, click on "Organize" and then "Export bookmarks to HTML file."
  4. Save the file to an external drive or cloud storage service.
  5. On your new computer, open Google Chrome and click on the three dots (menu) in the upper-right corner of the window.
  6. Click on "Bookmarks" and then "Bookmark Manager."
  7. In the Bookmark Manager, click on "Organize" and then "Import bookmarks from HTML file."
  8. Locate the HTML file you saved earlier and select it to import your bookmarks into Google Chrome on your new computer.
Note: If you have multiple profiles in Google Chrome, be sure to use the profile that has the bookmarks you want to transfer. You can switch profiles by clicking on your profile picture in the upper-right corner of the window. I hope this helps you