HOW do I get my Internet working again?? Friend screwed it up

Spcoolbasket

Honorable
Dec 20, 2013
I have:

A desktop PC
Arris Surfboard SB6141 modem/gateway(1 Ethernet port)
TP Link AC1750 wireless router

And everything was working FINE until my friend removed all the cables to put a new desk in and now whenever I try to reinstall everything the Internet won’t work! Currently I have the cables like this:

Coaxial cable in the coaxial port on SURFBOARD, Ethernet cable in Internet port on TP LINK, other end in Ethernet port on PC, and another Ethernet cable going from the one Ethernet port on the SURFBOARD to one of the Ethernet ports on the TP LINK. But it’s still not working! I’ve tried all kinds of different cable set ups and nothing works!

Can someone PLEASE help me get my Internet back? :(

Solution
And you can bypass the router by plugging the Ethernet cord from the modem directly to the Ethernet port on the PC. Restart the modem and your PC and you should be good.

Now this is just to check for 2 things:
1) to bypass the router to make sure that is not the problem.
2) to make sure you actually have an internet connection through your internet provider (by connecting directly from the modem to the PC).

Blackink

Distinguished
And you can bypass the router by plugging the Ethernet cord from the modem directly to the Ethernet port on the PC. Restart the modem and your PC and you should be good.

Now this is just to check for 2 things:
1) to bypass the router to make sure that is not the problem.
2) to make sure you actually have an internet connection through your internet provider (by connecting directly from the modem to the PC).

Solution