[SOLVED] How do i get my mobo to post?

Dec 4, 2020
hi

i have an asus z97k motherboard with an intel i7 4790k and 4 sticks of 8gb ddr3 ram. This pc is about 5 years old now.

I have an issue when i try to reboot frequently in a short amount of time (i do this to boot from a usb or something). When i do it enough, the mobo eventually hangs at the bios splash screen and it doesnt post (cannot enter bios either)

Usually a reset of the cmos using the jumpers work but now, no solution is working for me. Heres all that i tried
-Taking out cmos battery
-Testing the ram and hard drive
-Starting the pc at bare minimum (cpu, ram)
-Leaving the power off for a few hours and then turning it on

Is there any solution to this issue or is it time for an upgrade?

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We're going to need a little more information. Include the make and model of the PSU and it's age. You might want to work with one stick of ram while also disconnecting the system from the wall to remove the CMOS battery for at least 30 mins before replacing.

If the system refuses to POST and you're sure that the processor, storage devices, ram, discrete GPU(if you have it) and the PSU are all in working order, then yes, it's time for a motherboard change/swap or a migration to a new platform.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We're going to need a little more information. Include the make and model of the PSU and it's age. You might want to work with one stick of ram while also disconnecting the system from the wall to remove the CMOS battery for at least 30 mins before replacing.

If the system refuses to POST and you're sure that the processor, storage devices, ram, discrete GPU(if you have it) and the PSU are all in working order, then yes, it's time for a motherboard change/swap or a migration to a new platform.

Solution