Question How do I get my recordings to stop stuttering?

tomseurocat

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2014
I've been battling for a few weeks now with my Madden 20 game, my system and why I get micro stuttering in both OBS and GeForce Experience recordings. I've posted with Origin, Nvidia, EA and OBS and OBS has been the most helpful. They at least, gave me a list of known problem programs that interfere with OBS. I've gone through that list and eliminated any of those programs from my system. I still get micro-stutters in my recordings. I need to know if anyone else might have some clue as to why I might be experiencing this. It wasn't an issue until Windows Update dropped the update that came just before the end of the year and I've been working on this problem ever since. I would restore to an earlier point, but Windows, in all of its wisdom, has wiped the restore point off my PC. Please help!!

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition.

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that correspond with the stutters.

Start with Reliability History: Much more user friendly and the time line format may clearly show any problems that started with the failed update.

Also check File History - you may be able to learn more about what happened with that update or some subsequent update.

tomseurocat

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2014
Here is a report from HWInfo64, but I don't see PSU info.
PSU: Corsair RM650x My whole build is only about 2 years old, with the CPU, RAM and Crucial M.2 newer than that so iirc, the PSU is between 2-3 years old now.

Since I posted this, I've updated the MoBo chipset, LAN and Audio drivers (BIOS is up to date) as well as, GeForce Experience and the GPU driver. GE recording seems to work fine, but OBS is still whacked.

Investigating some of the other things that you posted as well.

HWInfo Report

tomseurocat

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2014
I ended up doing a system restore. I could only go back to to the middle of January. Now my PC just restarts at will. I've had it do this 3 times already today. Is the reason for the restarts housed in a log somewhere on my PC?