How do I get my search window back

peterm

I click on the start-search- button, and the window is blank, just the doggy
is there. How do I get it back. Also when I click on print and print
preview, I see nothing, the display does not show a choice of printers
or anything. I'm using Win xp Pro.............Peter

kelly

Hi Peter,

See if this helps:

Go to Start/Run and type in each:

regsvr32 /u C:\Winnt\System32\hhctrl.ocx
regsvr32 C:\Winnt\System32\hhctrl.ocx

Note: C:\Windows or C:\Winnt depending on your setup.

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

In memory of those lost during Katrina &
Prayers and Hope for the remaining displaced.

"PeterM" <rpm@dcn.org> wrote in message
>I click on the start-search- button, and the window is blank, just the
>doggy is there. How do I get it back. Also when I click on print and print
>preview, I see nothing, the display does not show a choice of printers
>or anything. I'm using Win xp Pro.............Peter

peterm

Hello Kelly.......I just got back into the office, and I tried the run
command right away. In both instances it gave me the following error
message: load library("C:\winnt\system32\hhctrl.ocx") Failed-
The specific module could not be found........Any further help is really
really appreciated. Of course I am the original owner of the computer as
well as the WinXP Pro software, and I have my original disks as well. All
are registered, and verified with MS...........Peter

> Hi Peter,
>
> See if this helps:
>
> Go to Start/Run and type in each:
>
> regsvr32 /u C:\Winnt\System32\hhctrl.ocx
> regsvr32 C:\Winnt\System32\hhctrl.ocx
>
> Note: C:\Windows or C:\Winnt depending on your setup.
>

> --
>
> All the Best,
> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>
> Troubleshooting Windows XP
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>
> In memory of those lost during Katrina &
> Prayers and Hope for the remaining displaced.
>

> "PeterM" <rpm@dcn.org> wrote in message
>>I click on the start-search- button, and the window is blank, just the
>>doggy is there. How do I get it back. Also when I click on print and print
>>preview, I see nothing, the display does not show a choice of printers
>>or anything. I'm using Win xp Pro.............Peter

kelly

Hi Peter,

Is Windows installed in Windows or Winnt?

--

> Hello Kelly.......I just got back into the office, and I tried the run
> command right away. In both instances it gave me the following error
> message: load library("C:\winnt\system32\hhctrl.ocx") Failed-
> The specific module could not be found........Any further help is really
> really appreciated. Of course I am the original owner of the computer as
> well as the WinXP Pro software, and I have my original disks as well. All
> are registered, and verified with MS...........Peter

>> Hi Peter,
>>
>> See if this helps:
>>
>> Go to Start/Run and type in each:
>>
>> regsvr32 /u C:\Winnt\System32\hhctrl.ocx
>> regsvr32 C:\Winnt\System32\hhctrl.ocx
>>
>> Note: C:\Windows or C:\Winnt depending on your setup.
>>

>> --
>>
>> All the Best,
>> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>>
>> Troubleshooting Windows XP
>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>>
>> In memory of those lost during Katrina &
>> Prayers and Hope for the remaining displaced.
>>

>> "PeterM" <rpm@dcn.org> wrote in message
>>>I click on the start-search- button, and the window is blank, just the
>>>doggy is there. How do I get it back. Also when I click on print and
>>>print preview, I see nothing, the display does not show a choice of
>>>printers or anything. I'm using Win xp Pro.............Peter

peterm

Hello Kelly, many thanks for the follow-up. I decided to re-install Windows,
and it took care of other problems as well. I'm doing good now. Your help
was very much appreciated.............Peter

> Hi Peter,
>
> Is Windows installed in Windows or Winnt?
>
> --
>
> All the Best,
> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>
> Troubleshooting Windows XP
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>
> In memory of those lost during Katrina &
> Prayers and Hope for the remaining displaced.
>

> "PeterM" <rpm@dcn.org> wrote in message
>> Hello Kelly.......I just got back into the office, and I tried the run
>> command right away. In both instances it gave me the following error
>> message: load library("C:\winnt\system32\hhctrl.ocx") Failed-
>> The specific module could not be found........Any further help is really
>> really appreciated. Of course I am the original owner of the computer as
>> well as the WinXP Pro software, and I have my original disks as well. All
>> are registered, and verified with MS...........Peter
>>
>> "Kelly" <kelly@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Hi Peter,
>>>
>>> See if this helps:
>>>
>>> Go to Start/Run and type in each:
>>>
>>> regsvr32 /u C:\Winnt\System32\hhctrl.ocx
>>> regsvr32 C:\Winnt\System32\hhctrl.ocx
>>>
>>> Note: C:\Windows or C:\Winnt depending on your setup.
>>>

>>> --
>>>
>>> All the Best,
>>> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>>>
>>> Troubleshooting Windows XP
>>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>>>
>>> In memory of those lost during Katrina &
>>> Prayers and Hope for the remaining displaced.
>>>

>>> "PeterM" <rpm@dcn.org> wrote in message

kelly

Most welcome, Peter and glad you have it all working. Thanks for the
update. :eek:)