[SOLVED] how do i get my stuff back?

kryhtz

Reputable
Jan 6, 2020
after removing my dvd-rw disc from my pc and putting it in my laptop to download some files, i decided not to not wanting to ruin the photos already on the drive. But after removing the disc from my laptop and putting it back in my pc, everything was gone. It just showed up as as a dvd rw drive instead of a drive with photos on it. Is there anyway to recover the photos? Or will i have to stress myself over for loosing everything. Please help

Solution
Yup, it's either software recovery or nothing; I've used Diskinternals in the past for this. Unfortunately, having your important data, in one copy, on a rewriteable optical disk, all but guaranteed you'd lose your files sooner or later. Whether or not you recover these files, I hope you take it as an important lesson in having a proper backup regimen for your important data.

gmagdna

Prominent
Jul 16, 2018
If the disc volume is not reported as expected for whatever amount of data you had on the disc then you most likely need to look at a data recovery utility. I'm guessing after you dropped it in the other laptop you inadvertently initiated a format.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Yup, it's either software recovery or nothing; I've used Diskinternals in the past for this. Unfortunately, having your important data, in one copy, on a rewriteable optical disk, all but guaranteed you'd lose your files sooner or later. Whether or not you recover these files, I hope you take it as an important lesson in having a proper backup regimen for your important data.

Solution