Question How do i get network to connect straight to game server ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibraimo

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2016
As a South African, my options in online gaming are limited thus causing me to play with an average 160+ ping on EUR servers and 130+ ping on Middle East (Bahrain).
One of the games i play is Valorant and FOR NO REASON! >:-(( this happens, View: https://imgur.com/a/s8a9ogW

My network connection bounces from 1 place to another, and i have 2 different network providers, and both displays same results, Tho my fastest provider gives me -10ms ping compared to the other, but both seem to bounce from servers all over the world causing the closest server to my location to give me 240ms ping, or otherwise there is a much logical explanation.
However, when i use ExitLag, the ping goes back to 130ms and redirects connection from my PC, to Johannesburg to Bahrain to game, so i get 130 avg from there,
So why don't i just use Exitlag? 2 reasons, 1- i don't play games as often, only like Once/Twice every 2 weeks, so paying for subscription is a no for me and 2- i'm sick of creating accounts for free 3 days 🤣

So do you know how i can fix this issue? to get ping back to 130 ping again without the hassle of depending on a software? To be clear i did contact Riot about it, they couldn't do anything in their end.
If not, do you know any other software like Exitlag for free that can make my ping 130? And no, softwares that require you to pay and can get a refund before 7 days is not free.

I have tried WTfast, Battleping, one simply doesn't work, the other doesn't have a server on middle east.

kanewolf

Titan
As a South African, my options in online gaming are limited thus causing me to play with an average 160+ ping on EUR servers and 130+ ping on Middle East (Bahrain).
One of the games i play is Valorant and FOR NO REASON! >:-(( this happens, View: https://imgur.com/a/s8a9ogW

My network connection bounces from 1 place to another, and i have 2 different network providers, and both displays same results, Tho my fastest provider gives me -10ms ping compared to the other, but both seem to bounce from servers all over the world causing the closest server to my location to give me 240ms ping, or otherwise there is a much logical explanation.
However, when i use ExitLag, the ping goes back to 130ms and redirects connection from my PC, to Johannesburg to Bahrain to game, so i get 130 avg from there,
So why don't i just use Exitlag? 2 reasons, 1- i don't play games as often, only like Once/Twice every 2 weeks, so paying for subscription is a no for me and 2- i'm sick of creating accounts for free 3 days 🤣

So do you know how i can fix this issue? to get ping back to 130 ping again without the hassle of depending on a software? To be clear i did contact Riot about it, they couldn't do anything in their end.
If not, do you know any other software like Exitlag for free that can make my ping 130? And no, softwares that require you to pay and can get a refund before 7 days is not free.

I have tried WTfast, Battleping, one simply doesn't work, the other doesn't have a server on middle east.
First, if it is important to you, why would you not pay for the software? You get the benefit, why not pay the developers that provide it?
You pay for other software, what is the difference?

Ibraimo

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2016
First, if it is important to you, why would you not pay for the software? You get the benefit, why not pay the developers that provide it?
You pay for other software, what is the difference?

Because it wasn't always like this, there was a time where i didn't need exit lag to get straight connection, now it started to bounce and i can't find the source of the problem
And no i don't pay for softwares im 100% F2P.
Do you know how to solve this issue?

You need to be very happy that exitlag works for you.

The ping time ie latency is generally a measure of distance but you do not have a dedicated fiber running from your house to the game server location so it is not that simple. There are multiple ISP and multiple under sea cables that your traffic must pass. How all this is interconnected is what the "internet" actually is. Many times ISP do not have the most direct connection to other ISP. Optimum would be if you could buy services from the same ISP as the game company and then it would never leave their network but the large ISP used in data centers seldom are selling directly to home users. Sometimes due to load or other conditions like failed fiber you can take different paths which can cause the random higher latency. It can also be some ISP in the path has a overloaded connections which can temporarily increase the ping/latency

All this really doesn't matter. You have no control at all over how your ISP connects to other ISP and how the data path runs. Your only option is to try a different ISP to your house and hope they have a better path.

In some ways that is what exitlag is. You are using a special ISP that has purchased optimum fiber paths to some of the common gaming data centers. The only difference is exitlag does not connect to your house so you must pay your ISP to provide the connection between you and the nearest connection point to the exitlag network.

You are in effect paying for 2 different ISP. I can see no way to do this for free. There is a lot of cost for them to lease fiber space and interconnects with ISP that serve the gaming data centers. In many ways you should be happy you even have the option to buy this. Many people there is no solution for this problem no matter how much you pay. Sometimes there just is no data path that is faster. Things like exitlag though can actually make things slower in places like the EU or USA where there is massive amounts of fiber interconnections.

Ibraimo

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2016
Tom's Hardware does not support any form of software piracy. None. Period.
You need to be very happy that exitlag works for you.

The ping time ie latency is generally a measure of distance but you do not have a dedicated fiber running from your house to the game server location so it is not that simple. There are multiple ISP and multiple under sea cables that your traffic must pass. How all this is interconnected is what the "internet" actually is. Many times ISP do not have the most direct connection to other ISP. Optimum would be if you could buy services from the same ISP as the game company and then it would never leave their network but the large ISP used in data centers seldom are selling directly to home users. Sometimes due to load or other conditions like failed fiber you can take different paths which can cause the random higher latency. It can also be some ISP in the path has a overloaded connections which can temporarily increase the ping/latency

All this really doesn't matter. You have no control at all over how your ISP connects to other ISP and how the data path runs. Your only option is to try a different ISP to your house and hope they have a better path.

In some ways that is what exitlag is. You are using a special ISP that has purchased optimum fiber paths to some of the common gaming data centers. The only difference is exitlag does not connect to your house so you must pay your ISP to provide the connection between you and the nearest connection point to the exitlag network.

You are in effect paying for 2 different ISP. I can see no way to do this for free. There is a lot of cost for them to lease fiber space and interconnects with ISP that serve the gaming data centers. In many ways you should be happy you even have the option to buy this. Many people there is no solution for this problem no matter how much you pay. Sometimes there just is no data path that is faster. Things like exitlag though can actually make things slower in places like the EU or USA where there is massive amounts of fiber interconnections.

"you should be happy you even have the option to buy this. Many people there is no solution for this problem no matter how much you pay. "
Where? last i check i'm south african, i don't think there is any other place on the planet where servers are too far and get 130+ ping.
You should be happy you don't even have a ping problem 😛

View: https://imgur.com/a/louYzu6

"Sometimes due to load or other conditions like failed fiber you can take different paths which can cause the random higher latency."
I guess this makes sense, although i do have fiber optic network, perhaps when i said "bounces from server to server" i don't mean like sometimes it's 130 sometimes its 240, it's constant avg 240 ping, and it's been like this for a long time, i guess my only solution is to just deal with it....

Last edited by a moderator:
Where? last i check i'm south african, i don't think there is any other place on the planet where servers are too far and get 130+ ping.
South Africa seems to be one of the worst but there have been posts on this forum from people who live in strange places and have been asking if things like exitlag would help. There was some guy who lives on island country between africa and india. It actually has fiber connectivity but has very high latency to many of the EU based services. Starlink is suppose to offer coverage for south africa in 2023....ya sure. This would give you another option for ISP I guess.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
"you should be happy you even have the option to buy this. Many people there is no solution for this problem no matter how much you pay. "
You should be happy you don't even have a ping problem 😛

View: https://imgur.com/a/louYzu6

"Sometimes due to load or other conditions like failed fiber you can take different paths which can cause the random higher latency."
I guess this makes sense, although i do have fiber optic network, perhaps when i said "bounces from server to server" i don't mean like sometimes it's 130 sometimes its 240, it's constant avg 240 ping, and it's been like this for a long time, i guess my only solution is to just deal with it....
Tom's Hardware does not support any form of software piracy. None. Period.

This thread is now closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.