[SOLVED] How do I get rid of this coil whine from my GPU?

Apr 9, 2022
About a few months ago when I first built my new computer, I noticed whenever it went under load, there would be an irritating whine coming from the gpu. Its a brand new 3080ti founders edition. I thought this noise would go away, but it still hasn't, and I'm still looking for a solution.
Pc specs:
i7-10700k
2x16 3200mhz ddr4 ballistix ram
NZXT N7 z490
Corsair RM850x
And i have 3 140mm arctic fans

Solution
First, verify that it's coming from your GPU.
Use the cardboard center from a roll of paper towels. Hold one end up to your ear and move the other end around to different components inside the system (without touching them). A good percentage of supposed GPU coil whine actually comes from the PSU.

With that said, you have a really good PSU so I suspect it's the GPU. Unfortunately, if it is just coil whine, there's not much that can be done. Sometimes dropping the power limit cap a bit can help because it changes the whole power profile of the card but that's not always the case.
First, verify that it's coming from your GPU.
Use the cardboard center from a roll of paper towels. Hold one end up to your ear and move the other end around to different components inside the system (without touching them). A good percentage of supposed GPU coil whine actually comes from the PSU.

With that said, you have a really good PSU so I suspect it's the GPU. Unfortunately, if it is just coil whine, there's not much that can be done. Sometimes dropping the power limit cap a bit can help because it changes the whole power profile of the card but that's not always the case.

Solution