How do I get to my thread drafts?

Defenestrator IX

Prominent
May 10, 2019
Strange question: Where are my thread drafts? I've spent about 10 minutes looking for a draft of a thread I started typing, clicked "save draft", then closed the tab. Google searches, thread searching on these forums, and searching through my profile yield nothing. Can I not see the very obvious "Drafts" button somewhere? Any thoughts/ideas would be very helpful.

(it's a draft of an un-posted thread)

Last edited:
Solution
This doesn't seem to work on a new thread that had never been posted.
There is nothing to attach the supposed draft to.

Start a new thread.
Type some text.
Save Draft.
Close the tab or browser.

And....nothing. It does not exist.

USAFRet

Titan
I'm making this as a Draft, lets see where it is saved
-------------------------------
OK, Done.
You just have to navigate to that same thread, and it should be there at the bottom.

The text above the line was the draft text. I clicked the Save Draft.
I'm typing this in a whole different OS (Win 10 in a VirtualBox VM) and obviously different browser instance. This particular OS and login had never ever been to this thread before.
The text above the line was recreated from wherever it stores it.
NOT associated with a cookie or anything on your PC.

Defenestrator IX

Prominent
May 10, 2019
I'm making this as a Draft, lets see where it is saved
-------------------------------
OK, Done.
You just have to navigate to that same thread, and it should be there at the bottom.

The text above the line was the draft text. I clicked the Save Draft.
I'm typing this in a whole different OS (Win 10 in a VirtualBox VM) and obviously different browser instance. This particular OS and login had never ever been to this thread before.
The text above the line was recreated from wherever it stores it.
NOT associated with a cookie or anything on your PC.
You said "navigate to that same thread", but when I look under my threads, it's not there.

Defenestrator IX

Prominent
May 10, 2019
This doesn't seem to work on a new thread that had never been posted.
There is nothing to attach the supposed draft to.

Start a new thread.
Type some text.
Save Draft.
Close the tab or browser.

And....nothing. It does not exist.
Ouch. I didn't type too much, so it shouldn't be too bad.Thanks for looking into this for me.

Colif

Win 11 Master
draft replies exist for 24 hours,

looking on xenforo forums isn't making it much clearer - closest I found was a request for an add on in 2016 asking for a drafts folder as logically it should show like bookmarks do on your settings menu...

servers not being perfect, if you want to type a really long message out, best copy it onto a word processor or wordpad to make sure you have a copy - this has always been a good idea anyway

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS