Question how do i get true 3d acceleration in windows xp Guest on vmware workstation pro?

zach_16

Reputable
Apr 12, 2016
So im runing windows 8.1 pro as my main operating system and it has 32gb of ram a quad core intel core I5 2400 clocked at 3.10ghz and 4Gb 1050 Ti is there any way to pass through the graphics card to the windows xp guest virtual machine to get old video games to work properly?

isn't it that you just need a proper GPU driver for your XP? yet it's nonexistant.

if you haven't tried yet, search on how people actually get those games running on windows 10 (it's more popular now so you'll have more search results)

Zizo007

Commendable
Feb 23, 2019
So im runing windows 8.1 pro as my main operating system and it has 32gb of ram a quad core intel core I5 2400 clocked at 3.10ghz and 4Gb 1050 Ti is there any way to pass through the graphics card to the windows xp guest virtual machine to get old video games to work properly?
No, there is no way of playing 3D games using a VM.
Many old 3D games work with windows 10 and windows 7 but not using VM.

No, there is no way of playing 3D games using a VM.
Many old 3D games work with windows 10 and windows 7 but not using VM.
You can turn on 3d acceleration but inside the VM it shows an VMware GPU so games only work if they can handle a "no name" GPU,most games need to determine what GPU you have so compatibility isn't all that good.

But yeah if it's a really old game try DOS or otherwise as already said try to find an alternative way of installing and running the game on windows 10.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts