how do I get Windows 7 back. I'm getting "This app cannot run on your PC", To find a version of your PC check with the softwar

bonanjesse

Commendable
May 24, 2016
I have a resume I am trying to view, but it comes up and background is black and I am unable to edit. Alot of my files will say, I'm getting "This app cannot run on your PC", To find a version of your PC check with the software publisher".
I don't recall ever downloading Windows8, but it's interferring with my Windows 7. Please help!

Solution

I think Schneider is on the right track saying you are actually running 10 rather than 8, but saying to uninstall is counterproductive and ultimately flawed

Instead, what you need to do is right click on the file and select "Open With" and then "Choose another app" and pick the software you were previously using. For resumes, you'll normally dealing with PDFs, so the "Reader" app will work (and...

Corey Schneider

Reputable
Sep 1, 2014
Are you sure it didn't upgrade to Windows 10? I don't think it would have upgraded you to 8.1 from 7. You'd have to pay for a new key for that. Either way, try the steps in this link
http://www.howtogeek.com/220723/how-to-uninstall-windows-10-and-downgrade-to-windows-7-or-8.1/

I think Schneider is on the right track saying you are actually running 10 rather than 8, but saying to uninstall is counterproductive and ultimately flawed

Instead, what you need to do is right click on the file and select "Open With" and then "Choose another app" and pick the software you were previously using. For resumes, you'll normally dealing with PDFs, so the "Reader" app will work (and has comment functionality), as will Adobe Acrobat Reader if you had that installed.

Solution

Corey Schneider

Reputable
Sep 1, 2014
Basroil's steps are for opening the file still in windows 10. I forgot to let you know that the link I posted was to go back to your previous version of windows. If you can get used to 10, by all means, stay at 10. It really is nicer than people say :)
Let us know how it goes