[SOLVED] How do I go about selling a Macbook Air?

Woji__

Honorable
Nov 28, 2016
I don't know if this is the appropriate place to post this. I have been looking to sell a macbook air I purchased 2 years ago that I barely have used, probably less than 10 total times.

I'm not sure how I am supposed to "clean" it both software-wise and hardware-wise. And how am I supposed to find a fair price for it ?

The specs:
13-inch MacBook Air - Space Grey (Purchased in 2019)
1.6GHz dual‑core 8th‑generation Intel Core i5 processor, Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz
8GB 2133MHz LPDDR3 memory
512GB SSD storage
Intel UHD Graphics 617

Solution
On price, and particularly with eBay, I always do a specific item search and filter "sold". It will show what they were purchased for and how long ago. I think you can also see how long they were up.

Apple products are high on the "attempt to scam seller" list and am sure you will have to be exceptionally careful who you deal with. Don't take a check in the mail, lol.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Look up "factory reset" on the specific model you have. It may or may not involve being on another device and using Apple(.com) and iTunes as well as turning off and removing yourself from "find my device". I have done this with a couple of iPads and the older ones required quite a few steps. The newest one was a Pro model and almost everything was able to be done via the device itself.

With something like this I would consider using eBay or other well known and "protected" sales site. CL would be a good way to get yourself ripped off, hurt or both.

Woji__

Honorable
Nov 28, 2016
Great, thank you. Is there anything else available other than Ebay as I do not want to get scammed? And I am not sure if that is necessarily the best way to get a good price evaluation on it.

Look up "factory reset" on the specific model you have. It may or may not involve being on another device and using Apple(.com) and iTunes as well as turning off and removing yourself from "find my device". I have done this with a couple of iPads and the older ones required quite a few steps. The newest one was a Pro model and almost everything was able to be done via the device itself.

With something like this I would consider using eBay or other well known and "protected" sales site. CL would be a good way to get yourself ripped off, hurt or both.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
On price, and particularly with eBay, I always do a specific item search and filter "sold". It will show what they were purchased for and how long ago. I think you can also see how long they were up.

Apple products are high on the "attempt to scam seller" list and am sure you will have to be exceptionally careful who you deal with. Don't take a check in the mail, lol.

Reactions: Fatblabs
Solution

Woji__

Honorable
Nov 28, 2016
That's great, thank you so much !

USAFRet

Titan
For instance, my local PD:

zjPu1YO.jpg