Question How do I handle upgrading to Win10?

Guundrek

Prominent
Apr 21, 2019
So I built my first computer a few years ago and I want to upgrade it. One of the upgrades in mind is going from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

I have Windows 7 on an SSD and everything that I use frequently (mainly games but a there's a few other programs I've put on there) on a hard drive. How exactly should I go about installing Windows 10? I don't want to run the risk of messing anything up so I'm asking about this here before I try anything.

Basically, if I install Windows 10 just onto my SSD will everything that's on my hard drive still work in Windows 10/will everything on my hard drive be deleted (I don't mind if that's the case, it's no big deal I just don't want to break anything).

Dave8671

Distinguished
I myself never like to upgrade windows of any version. I would perform a clean install on the ssd. I would check about your games on the web for win10 compatibility.

Your maybe need to reinstall the games once you install windows 10 it may not find the links to the games location after the upgrade. I seen this happen even on win7 with two drives.