How Do I ID Com Port?

Greetings!

I'm trying to connect a radio modem to my computer. My computer keeps
showing a message that Com Port 1 is already in use, but when I go to system
manager, nothing shows up for com ports. How do I find out what is
currently using com port 1? I am running XP home edition on a laptop with
Celeron 1.8 Ghz.

Many thank in advance!
Maxwell
maxheadspace@cablespeed.com

Byte

You probably have an 56k modem installed which is using COM Port 1.
Go to System/Devices Manager and click on the + sign in front of
Modems/Properties and then the Modem tab. It will tell you which port it has
been assigned.