Question How do I install 9th Gen i3 on 8th/9th gen board?

GangstazGhost

Prominent
Apr 20, 2021
Right now I'm thinking that it wont work without having to buy a 8th gen CPU as the BIOS cannot be reached due to unsupported updates.

CPU light is on

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Is there a way to check the board name? Unsupported as in the ability to use 9th Gen CPU's needs to run BIOS as this ability requires one flashes BIOS.

If you're not able to boot into Windows and run msinfo32, then the best way is to look at the motherboard or your order info from when you purchased it. And what exact CPU? These are all extremely important details.

Olivia Simmons

Prominent
May 30, 2022
Installing a 9th generation Intel Core i3 processor (i3-9xxx) on a 8th or 9th generation motherboard is a relatively straightforward process, but it does require some technical knowledge and the proper tools. Here are the general steps you should follow to install a 9th generation Intel Core i3 processor on a compatible motherboard:
  1. Make sure your motherboard is compatible with 9th generation Intel Core processors. Check the motherboard's documentation to confirm that it supports the LGA 1151 socket and has a BIOS that is compatible with 9th generation processors.
  2. Turn off your computer and unplug it from the power source.
  3. Open the computer case and remove the existing processor from the socket.
  4. Carefully align the new processor with the socket, making sure that the notches on the processor match up with the notches on the socket.
  5. Gently press down on the processor until it is securely seated in the socket.
  6. Replace the heat sink and fan, making sure that they are properly seated and securely fastened.
  7. Reassemble your computer and reconnect the power source.
  8. Turn on your computer and enter the BIOS. Check the processor information to confirm that the new processor is recognized and that the system is running at the correct clock speed.
  9. Install the latest system and processor drivers.
  10. Run a stress test to make sure the system is stable and working properly.
It's very important to handle the processor with care and not to bend or damage the pins. Additionally, it is recommended to consult the motherboard and processor manufacturer's instructions for specific details, as the process may vary slightly depending on the specific motherboard and processor you are using.

TRENDING THREADS