[SOLVED] How do I install fans on the PSU shroud ?

Jacob 51

Notable
Dec 31, 2020
My case is an ANT ESPORTS ICE 130 ag. I got a case fan kit from ANT with 3 fans and I bought more.

Now, it seems kinda impossible to install a fan on the PSU shroud because I Can't get the PSU shroud out. The screws have to be inserted from the bottom of the case, which seems like impossible as the screwdriver cannot go in there.
I've seen people install case fans on their PSU shrouds, but how?

Am I supposed to take the shroud out? And if yes then how?

Solution
My case is an ANT ESPORTS ICE 130 ag. I got a case fan kit from ANT with 3 fans and I bought more.

Now, it seems kinda impossible to install a fan on the PSU shroud because I Can't get the PSU shroud out. The screws have to be inserted from the bottom of the case, which seems like impossible as the screwdriver cannot go in there.

The case should come with the special screws for those fan mounts --looks like radiator fan screws. My last two cases had that mounting spot and they came with screws that go right into that spot.

Keep in mind, you're doing this for looks right? It won't help GPU temps. If...

Sometime the PSU shroud is fixed / integrated to the case frame, but the other size should have an open overture aperture? where the PSU cables go out, you can use a low profile screwdriver to work on the fans screws.

Anyway you could remove the front panel of the case to see if there are some hidden screws / latches...

BTW, a low profile screwdrivers look like this

mono11075811-090402-02.jpg

iPeekYou

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2014

The case should come with the special screws for those fan mounts --looks like radiator fan screws. My last two cases had that mounting spot and they came with screws that go right into that spot.

Keep in mind, you're doing this for looks right? It won't help GPU temps. If it's on small mATX case, then it adds heat since the GPU is too close to the fan motors (I've tried). On midtowers, the fans are too far from GPU and there's little air to draw from underneath the PSU shroud.

Solution