Question How do I install/transfer graphics card drivers?

Jun 4, 2021
Hi,
I have 2 older PCs with the same spec... Dell Optiplex 7010 with AMD Radeon 7500 Series graphics cards.
Relatively fresh install of Win 10 on both of these.
On one of them, I can't install graphics drivers for the Radeon card, so I'm using the on-board graphics with VGA for now.
On the other, the Radeon drivers seems to be working fine (I haven't run any benchmark tests, but there's no problem using the card with a DisplayPort monitor).

I downloaded a couple different drivers that should work, but they don't. Then this page on AMD's website says that the drivers for this card won't work with Windows 10... https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-615
I'm using Win 10 Pro on the one with the working graphics, and the other with the non-working graphics is Win 10 home. Don't see why that should make a difference with graphics drivers.
I'm assuming the physical graphics card (HW) works fine.

On that working machine, in the Device Manager I see files for the drivers. How would I go about copying/transferring the drivers from this PC to the other? I'm assuming it will be more than just copying files to the matching directory as there's an "AMD Catalyst Control Center" app in the menu when I right-click on the desktop. So somehow I need to install the drivers to the system knows to use it.

Thanks.

Jun 4, 2021
Hmmm... not sure how to even run that. I have only used compatibility mode for applications with a user-interface, which I can change properties. Not sure how to do that with a driver. But if it works on one PC, it should be doable the same on the other.