How do I install win 8.1 x64 1pk dsp oei on a new computer that I accidentally deleted the recovery portion from

Teddor58

Reputable
Dec 18, 2015
I accidentally deleted the recovery portion so I can'tell do any kind of recovery, refresh or restore, so I went ahead and bought a full version od windows 8.1 on Amazon, I didn'the send it to the manufacture (Asus, who do not have recovery disks), as it would be over $50 to send and then I would be without a computer for two or three weeks. Anyway, I put the computer to boot front the DVD player, which it did fine, it then asked me "where do you want to install windows", I have three hard drives attached to this computer, two intrenal and one external all three 2 this says that windows can'take be installed on any of them as they are GPT and windows nends NTFS. The reasons on it bought the new windows is because I got 0xc000021a blue screen and I can't get in to reformat these disks. It is now 9:25 Thursday night and I sure would like to get this in asap. Thanks In Advance!!!!! Ted

Solution
1) Calm down, and use bullets instead of huge run-on paragraphs
2) GPT has nothing to do with NTFS, and in fact most GPT drives are NTFS formatted.
3) You need to remove all drives except the one you want to install the OS on
4) You need to make a disk with the storage controller driver and load it during installation. You can find those drivers at the Asus website.
5) After you load the drivers, you need to go into the advanced section and reformat the entire drive by deleting all the partitions and then making one new one (Windows will automatically add two more partitions)

That should let you install it, unless your install media is broken. If the install media is broken, make a new one by following the instructions at...
1) Calm down, and use bullets instead of huge run-on paragraphs
2) GPT has nothing to do with NTFS, and in fact most GPT drives are NTFS formatted.
3) You need to remove all drives except the one you want to install the OS on
4) You need to make a disk with the storage controller driver and load it during installation. You can find those drivers at the Asus website.
5) After you load the drivers, you need to go into the advanced section and reformat the entire drive by deleting all the partitions and then making one new one (Windows will automatically add two more partitions)

That should let you install it, unless your install media is broken. If the install media is broken, make a new one by following the instructions at http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media

Solution
GUID Partition Table (GPT) is a partitioning scheme. Master Boot Record (MBR) is an older format partitioning scheme. Both uses NTFS (New Technology File System).

Connect the power cable to the drive you want to install the OS to and disconnect the power cable from the other two drives. Set BIOS to boot from optical drive. Delete all partitions from the drive. When you boot up choose UEFI boot from the available options.

See Figure G here:
http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/windows-and-office/the-complete-guide-to-a-windows-8-clean-installation/