Question How do I install WIndows 10 free on a new SSD?

Feb 20, 2019
Next month Im getting a new pc for my birthday. I didnt plan Windows into my budget but someone told me theres a free version but Ive never installed Windows myself.

2 questions.

1. Is the free version any good with gaming? Like is it fine to get up and running and buy full version later?

2. How will I go about getting this free version, and installing it onto the SSD that will be in the system?

This will be my 1st time installing Windows myself so any advice or tips will be appreciated! THANKS!

Feb 20, 2019
There is no free version , it will just run even when not activated. You just lose some customization features.
Create a USB installer here ^[/b]
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpsa5r1LvLg

okay. Are these steps the same no matter what kind of BIOS it is?

And will this non-activated version not allow me to do key things like administrative functions, backups, or slow down gaming?

I will only need it to not be activated for about a month so as long as it works fine I dont need to be able to change the layout color lol.

Feb 20, 2019
Here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

You'll need a blank 8GB or larger USB stick.

thanks guys! is there anything that can go wrong if I follow these steps?

If so, what would be a likely cause just so maybe I know some troubleshooting before I get to it?

I was reading something about the USB bootable drives firmware must be compatible or something? Like will any USB drive work 8gb?

Feb 20, 2019
I've never seen a USB stick of sufficient size that failed to work.

What can go wrong?
DOA part (rare)
Something not connected correctly
Not following the OS install steps exactly

Cool. Im pretty comfortable with putting the hardware together as Ive taken apart my pc for cleaning and stuff SEVERAL times. That parts easy.

Just didnt know if some typical user errors on the install were common.

While I got you here, I believe you commented on 1 of my posts on my original account that I cannot access (Im currently trying to re-gain access, it was my Jason Hutchinson account I used to sign in using FB) since the forums update about this new pc, Im not sure if you set up this pc parts list or not. It was like 3 weeks ago maybe, a post about a 200$ pc.

Anyways are there any updates to this list that would save me money but keep the same performance? or is this list good to go for its price?

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor ($164.99 @ Newegg)

Motherboard: ASRock - B450 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard ($89.99 @ Amazon)

Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Crucial - BX500 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($33.99 @ Amazon)

Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6 GB Video Card ($199.99 @ Newegg)

Case: Fractal Design - Focus G ATX Mid Tower Case ($53.27 @ Amazon)

Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified
ATX Power Supply ($29.99 @ Newegg)

Total: $637.21