[SOLVED] How do I install windows 10 to Z390 aorus pro wifi motherboard

Nov 19, 2019
Hello, I was trying to install windows 10 from a usb to my Z390 aorus pro wifi motherboard but it won't go into windows 10 setup. Every time I click on UEFI usb nothing happens. It just refreshes itself to the same page. Someone please help, am I doing something wrong??

Edit: I just noticed that the a red led light comes on my motherboard when I click to go into UEFI USB. It's the boot led light.

Last edited:
Solution
Problem was solved, I just deleted windows from the usb flash drive and reinstalled windows on it. Worked like a charm, thanks to those that tried helping me~
Nov 19, 2019
U
Motherboard Manual - Reference Pg. 34

Which USB Port are you connecting the USB drive to?
What is the exact string of texst listed under Boot Option #1?

-Wolf sends

usb is connected to the second usb port from the front panel. I tried using the ones from the mother board but that didn't work either.

I updated the bios so it looks a little different from the manual but it has a boot sequence option. it shows as follows

1. UEFI: USB DISK 3.0 PMAP, Partition 1
  2. USB DISK 3.0 PMAP
  3. Sabrent (This is an Nvme m.2 that I have installed)
  4. Sabrent (Second Nvme m.2 that I have installed)

Wolfshadw

Titan
First, remove the secondary M.2 drive. You don't want both drives attached when installing Windows. If you leave them both in, then later, if you move one, Windows will fail to boot.

You did use a USB2 drive and you're plugging it into a USB2 port, correct?

-Wolf sends

Nov 19, 2019
First, remove the secondary M.2 drive. You don't want both drives attached when installing Windows. If you leave them both in, then later, if you move one, Windows will fail to boot.

You did use a USB2 drive and you're plugging it into a USB2 port, correct?

-Wolf sends
I'll remove one m.2 right now.

Usb that I have is a 3.2 gen 1 flash drive. It's the same usb I used to update my bios. Created a folder for both the bios and windows so I could know which is which.
https://www.newegg.com/adata-model-...sb 16gb&cm_re=usb_16gb-_-20-211-761-_-Product

boju

Titan
Ambassador
I think having folders is what's stopping you. That or usb stick isn't configured properly.

Use Windows media creation to setup the usb stick and then boot from it. Or use Rufus to mount the iso to the usb stick. Simply transfering the iso to the usb stick (if that's how it was done) won't work, the iso needs to be expanded which what media creation tool and Rufus does.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2019
Problem was solved, I just deleted windows from the usb flash drive and reinstalled windows on it. Worked like a charm, thanks to those that tried helping me~

Solution
Nov 19, 2019
I didn't do anything different, I literally just emptied the flash drive and went through the whole process of creating windows 10 boot using microsofts media creation tool again.