[SOLVED] How do i install windows 10 ?

Antiseptic

Prominent
Feb 1, 2021
Hello,

I have a very old computer. I am using my computer with hdd. I want to install windows 10 by adding ssd to my computer. But I don't know how to install windows 10. I currently have Windows 7 installed on my computer. I installed windows 7 with dvd. Since my computer is old, I cannot install via usb or I don't know how to install it. First of all, can I install windows 10 on my computer? If its okey, how can I install with usb?

These are my current computer components:

Cpu:
Intel Core Duo Quad CPU Q6600.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP31-DS3l (rev. 1.0)
RAM: Corsair xms2 DDR2 2x2 4 GB 800MHz.
Graphic Card: GeForce 9600 GT.
HDD: 500 GB.
PSU: 500W

Solution
Your system should be new enough to be able to boot from USB just make sure while making the USB to select MBR and not UEFI.

You can also upgrade your current installation to windows 10 if all else fails.
Hello,

I have a very old computer. I am using my computer with hdd. I want to install windows 10 by adding ssd to my computer. But I don't know how to install windows 10. I currently have Windows 7 installed on my computer. I installed windows 7 with dvd. Since my computer is old, I cannot install via usb or I don't know how to install it. First of all, can I install windows 10 on my computer? If its okey, how can I install with usb?

These are my current computer components:

Cpu:
Intel Core Duo Quad CPU Q6600.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP31-DS3l (rev. 1.0)
RAM: Corsair xms2 DDR2 2x2 4 GB 800MHz.
Graphic Card: GeForce 9600 GT.
HDD: 500 GB.
PSU: 500W
Hello there!!
Check this out
View: https://youtu.be/bkafkI32Cs0

Wolfshadw

Titan
Gigabyte GA-EP31-DS3L - Motherboard Manual
Reference Pgs. 32 (Access Boot Menu) and 37 (BIOS Boot Priority).

Not sure if either of these will allow you to install from USB, but you can use the Windows Media Creation Tool to create Windows 10 Installation Media onto DVD. Since there are no drivers available since Windows Vista, you'll have to hope the native Windows 10 drivers are sufficient for your needs.

-Wolf sends

Reactions: Antiseptic