Question How do I install Windows 7 on an Asus VivoBook F515E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2022
The system has the i5-1135G7 processor with Intel Optane and runs on a M2 as main drive. Graphics Card is the Intel Iris X. The BIOS also has only Secure Boot options as well as UEFI, no CMS and no Legacy.

I have used Rufus, created a bootable Windows 7 USB stick, installed the NVME drivers as well as the USB 3.0 drivers on it. Windows 7 is loading up but then freezes on the Startup Screen prior to the installation, the logo basically freezes and that’s it. I don’t know if there is an extra graphics driver I have to add for the Intel Iris X to work or if the 11th gen I5 needs more or maybe the Intel Optane… So essentially it loads up but gets stuck at the start-up screen of the installation.

Looking for advice on how to get Win 7 on this computer. I am not at all interested in smart opinions on why Win 11 or Win 10 is better, I just don’t care about the new Windows versions :) Thank you.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
if i had it in front of me, i might be able to get it to install, but a quick look is showing me there are very few drivers for it before win10. so if you got win 7 running it would likely be missing features and have terrible performance due to missing driver issues.

you need to look and see if there are drivers available for EVERY internal part before spending the time installing it. ethernet/wifi are big ones obviously but the chipset, graphics and a few others are very important to the system working right.

Status
Not open for further replies.