How do I install windows 8.1 on ubuntu 16.04

MyaMatchak

Commendable
Jan 5, 2017
I screw up my computer when going back to windows 7. I could not get in after installing some drivers. So I wipe the drive completely and installed Ubuntu. Now I want to install windows 8.1 because I cant play most of the games I played before and can't use and programs that are not compatible. I know there Wine, playonlinux, and vmare but most of the time it dose not work. I try the unetbootin trick by installing it on the hard drive it self, and try using it on a mac and installing it on a flash drive. Both did not work. Please help.

System Specs
q9400 2.66ghz
6gb ddr2 ram
r7 240 4gb
1tb harddrive

You need the ISO you downloaded with the tool. If the BIOS is UEFI select GPT partition in Rufus before you add the ISO

If it doesnt select MBR. Then start. Wait for it to finish reboot change the bootdisk to the flash drive boot from it

MyaMatchak

Commendable
Jan 5, 2017

Rufus is not working. Everything is blank. Also I am on Ubuntu. Is there any other media creation tool for Ubuntu?

MyaMatchak

Commendable
Jan 5, 2017
All the drop down boxes are blank and I have the flash drive plugged in

MyaMatchak

Commendable
Jan 5, 2017
So anyone who having this problem and wondering what to do here the solution I came up with.
1) Install a Virtual Machine
2) Use the ISO to run windows on the VM
3) On the VM install the windows installation media tool to put on a flash drive
3.5) Make sure you have a large enough Flash Drive
4) Install it on to flash drive and wait
5) Once done go through the process of installing a OS through the flash drive and you will have Windows again.
It maybe long but it is what worked for me and I did this a day after this post was created. Hopefully this helps anyone who having trouble.

ASK THE COMMUNITY