[SOLVED] How do I install Windows?

May 22, 2022
Alright so, I've recently found an old computer of mine. When I tried to turn it on it shows up "Error 1962: no operating systems found. Boot sequence will automatically repeat." Do I install Windows? and how am I supposed to do that?

Solution
This pc used to have a Windows 7 Pro, how do I install it via hard drive?
To install it to the hard drive, you need to boot from a USB stick or a bootable DVD. If you don’t have a Windows 7 bootable media already, then you probably won’t be able to install it again, since there is no official download for the operating system. For Windows 7, you will have to purchase a disc or USB stick.

You can try to install Windows 10 using the below tutorial. However, you might want to check your system specs first. If the computer is not very powerful, you might want to go with a less demanding operating system such as Ubuntu or other Linux distributions...
Give all details you have for the components.

Is it a pre-built, like an HP or Lenovo or Dell? About how old?

Or did a someone build it?

If you can, name all the brand names and model numbers associated with it....case, cooler, hard drives, RAM, motherboard, CPU, etc

jcarter12

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011
You have a couple options for installing Windows, which would require most likely going into the BIOS and setting the boot option. You can either load Windows installer from USB or via the disc drive.

May 22, 2022
You have a couple options for installing Windows, which would require most likely going into the BIOS and setting the boot option. You can either load Windows installer from USB or via the disc drive.

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
To install it to the hard drive, you need to boot from a USB stick or a bootable DVD. If you don’t have a Windows 7 bootable media already, then you probably won’t be able to install it again, since there is no official download for the operating system. For Windows 7, you will have to purchase a disc or USB stick.

You can try to install Windows 10 using the below tutorial. However, you might want to check your system specs first. If the computer is not very powerful, you might want to go with a less demanding operating system such as Ubuntu or other Linux distributions.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/how-to-do-clean-installation-windows-10,36160.html

Solution
May 22, 2022
Give all details you have for the components.

Is it a pre-built, like an HP or Lenovo or Dell? About how old?

Or did a someone build it?

If you can, name all the brand names and model numbers associated with it....case, cooler, hard drives, RAM, motherboard, CPU, etc

Lenovo ThinkCentre
CPU: Intel i7-4770s
RAM: 4GB
STORAGE: 500GB
PSU: 280W

After I got into the bios to check the specs of it, it pops up "BOOTMGR MISSING"