[SOLVED] How do i know how much fittings do i need?

phoonon

Commendable
May 13, 2019
well , yesterday i was searching for a custom loop , i searched the pieces and the tube i want , but at the moment of choosing the fittings it was a pain on the back , because there where so much that i didnt know what to choose,
i dont even know where in the custom loop do i need to put those fittings, (well i know is on the tube), but i saw a lot of them that were different but the same size (g1/4) so my question is , how do i know how much fittings do i need for my custom loop, what types of fittings does exist?, whats the difference between each others? how can i build a custom loop with the fittings i need?.

Solution
Read the tutorials on ekwb website to start. You need two fittings for each separate element of the loop. two for the water block 2 for the pump 2 for the reservoir, two for each radiator. You need the fittings that fit your tubing and your equipment. Usually G1/4 threads, but there are exceptions. The fitting needs to be for the particular tubing ID and OD. Soft tubing uses compression or bayonet fittings, the hard tubing a different fitting with O-rings. If you use hard tubing, you may also need right angle/45 degree fittings, depending on your layout and your ability to bend the particular tubing.

You may also need a fill/drain fitting and tube, depending on your system geometry. Given your questions, you should do some...
May 4, 2019
Read the tutorials on ekwb website to start. You need two fittings for each separate element of the loop. two for the water block 2 for the pump 2 for the reservoir, two for each radiator. You need the fittings that fit your tubing and your equipment. Usually G1/4 threads, but there are exceptions. The fitting needs to be for the particular tubing ID and OD. Soft tubing uses compression or bayonet fittings, the hard tubing a different fitting with O-rings. If you use hard tubing, you may also need right angle/45 degree fittings, depending on your layout and your ability to bend the particular tubing.

You may also need a fill/drain fitting and tube, depending on your system geometry. Given your questions, you should do some more reading before you decide what to do.

Solution