[SOLVED] How do I know if My Audio is Setup Correctly? ASUS X570-E

GNTSquid

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2014
I've had an ASUS X570-E for a few months now and haven't had any issues, but one thing I've never been clear or familiar with is the audio software side of things. At the most basic level everything works, its plug n' play with any audio hardware I use, but I keep wondering if I'm not getting the most out of it.

The board is labeled as having "Gaming audio: High fidelity audio with SupremeFX S1220A, DTS® Sound Unbound and Sonic Studio III to draw you deeper into the action" Sounds great but I'm not even really sure what it all means. If I search this "DTS Sound Unbound I get a download from the Windows Store, but the description says its a free trial.

How does this Supreme FX and DTS Sound Unbound and Sonic Studio III work? Are these software's I need to download to unlock the full potential of the audio chips? Are they integrated into the silicon on the board and work by default? I have an MSI board in another computer that wanted me to download a "Nahimic" software plus a Realtek Audio software and drivers and I never understood why. I just did it, but even then I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with the Nahimic software. The ASUS board hasn't asked me to download any software like that, but I'm wondering if I need to download something similar? Am I getting "stock" sound right now?

Solution
Okay that clears some things up, but I'm still a little confused.

Am I looking too much into the version numbers? My version number is higher but its from an older date.
As long as your sound is working I would Not worry about that slight difference in version #/dates.
You just seem to be using an updated driver (probably updated by Windows Update) which is fine.
The Date on the Asus page is just the date they (Asus) listed it on their page and Not the date the driver was released by Realtek.

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
You can download and install the Realtek driver and Sonic Studio from here (listed under "Audio":
ROG Strix X570-E Gaming | ROG Strix | Gaming Motherboards|ROG - Republic of Gamers|ROG USA (asus.com)
And the Sound Unbound App from here:
Get DTS Sound Unbound - Microsoft Store

I personally only use the Realtek Drivers (and the Realtek Audio Console App from the MS Store) on my X470-F (also with SupremeFX S1220A).
I tried Sonic Studio/Sonic Radar but it didn't offer anything I wanted to actually use.

GNTSquid

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2014
You can download and install the Realtek driver and Sonic Studio from here (listed under "Audio":
ROG Strix X570-E Gaming | ROG Strix | Gaming Motherboards|ROG - Republic of Gamers|ROG USA (asus.com)
And the Sound Unbound App from here:
Get DTS Sound Unbound - Microsoft Store

I personally only use the Realtek Drivers (and the Realtek Audio Console App from the MS Store) on my X470-F (also with SupremeFX S1220A).
I tried Sonic Studio/Sonic Radar but it didn't offer anything I wanted to actually use.
But what are these softwares supposed to actually do? In the past with other audio apps related to onboard sound like Sound Blaster and Realtek, I would download and run them but I never saw what the benefit of them was aside from more things to adjust that didn't seem to matter. If its supposed to boost sound quality or something i'm all for that, but I just want to make sure i'm doing it right.

I also already downloaded the audio drivers a few months ago, but i'm not seeing Realtek or Sonic Studio anything on my computer. Where can I check what audio driver ver. I have?

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador

GNTSquid

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2014
Look in Device Manager under Sound, video and Game Controllers.
That will show you what Audio Drivers you have installed.
Sorry I should have clarified. I did check device manager, but its version number doesnt match the version number available on the ASUS website.

Device manager Realtek driver version number is 10.0.19041.1 dated 12/6/2019.
ASUS website audio driver version, newest available is: 6.0.8751.1 dated 8/22/2019

Would it have gone up 4 versions in 4 months? Wouldn't ASUS be the place to get the newest drivers? The ASUS website is the only place I've downloaded drivers from, so I'm not sure why the device manager driver number is so much higher than whats available on the ASUS website.

Last edited:

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
Reactions: GNTSquid

GNTSquid

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2014

sV27cOj.png

Am I looking too much into the version numbers? My version number is higher but its from an older date.

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador

As long as your sound is working I would Not worry about that slight difference in version #/dates.
You just seem to be using an updated driver (probably updated by Windows Update) which is fine.
The Date on the Asus page is just the date they (Asus) listed it on their page and Not the date the driver was released by Realtek.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS