[SOLVED] how do I know if my fan is intake or exhaust

Apr 23, 2020
Last edited:
Solution
From the illustrations, etc. I would guess this way. The case comes with 2 fans, probably pre-instaled. One appears to be in the cage at front left along with one 5¼" drive bay. The other is in the upper middle of the rear case panel. I'm pretty sure the front one is 120mm, rear is 80mm. IF you got the optional fan controller nodule that mounts near the front at top centre, then those fans probably connect to that module.

Although the manual indicates a "wall" across the middle of the case in which fans are mounted, I believe that is an added OPTION not inculded with your case. The manual says it comes with only two fans - one 80 mm, one 120 mm.

The most common placement of those two fans would be for the INTAKE to be from the front...
Holding a paper tissue in front of each fan opening when operating, may give a clue. If the tissue moves away from the fan opening, it's probably an exhaust. If the tissue is sucked towards the fan opening, that suggests an intake.
Your manual however shows on page 4 that the fans are in the middle of the case. Also there are air filters. Since filters usually are there to prevent dust from getting inside the case, not prevent dust from getting out from the case, the filtered openings probably are air intakes.

Apr 23, 2020
Holding a paper tissue in front of each fan opening when operating, may give a clue. If the tissue moves away from the fan opening, it's probably an exhaust. If the tissue is sucked towards the fan opening, that suggests an intake.
Your manual however shows on page 4 that the fans are in the middle of the case. Also there are air filters. Since filters usually are there to prevent dust from getting inside the case, not prevent dust from getting out from the case, the filtered openings probably are air intakes.
thanks

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
From the illustrations, etc. I would guess this way. The case comes with 2 fans, probably pre-instaled. One appears to be in the cage at front left along with one 5¼" drive bay. The other is in the upper middle of the rear case panel. I'm pretty sure the front one is 120mm, rear is 80mm. IF you got the optional fan controller nodule that mounts near the front at top centre, then those fans probably connect to that module.

Although the manual indicates a "wall" across the middle of the case in which fans are mounted, I believe that is an added OPTION not inculded with your case. The manual says it comes with only two fans - one 80 mm, one 120 mm.

The most common placement of those two fans would be for the INTAKE to be from the front (fan), and EXHAUST out of the rear (fan). You can check this once you have the case assembled and working, Just feel behind the rear fan for blowing out.

Solution