[SOLVED] how do i know if my gpu isnt working or my psu doesn't have enough power

Oct 17, 2019
i have a cooler master elite 600 w -v3 and I am not sure if it have enough power or it doesn't
i have ryzen 5 3600
gtx 1060 and 8 gb or ram
the problem is i am not sure weather my graphics card isnt working or my power supply doesnt have enough power since i bought my graphics card used from someone but it looks perfectly fine so i am not sure if i need a new power supply or if its enough because once I press the case power button it lights up for a second then it turns off

Last edited:

vistagamer6969

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
Did you plugged in the power cable for the GPU? Check that and if you did and still not working swap it with your old GPU and see the result. If with the old GPU is working then maybe you GTX 1060 is dead...

Oct 17, 2019
Did you plugged in the power cable for the GPU? Check that and if you did and still not working swap it with your old GPU and see the result. If with the old GPU is working then maybe you GTX 1060 is dead...
Then why is the pc not booting I mean shouldn't it just boot normally to bios or something it just doesn't boot at all

Oct 17, 2019
sound like issue with the gtx 1060? did you see it run on the other person pc?
Nope but like if the gtx 1060 isn't working why is the pc itself not working after I put it like it turns on for a second then it turns off like it's out of energy and no matter how many times I press. The start button it doesn't start u understand what I mean right ?