[SOLVED] How do I know if my PC is at it's maximum potential?

xXNickTheBeastXx

Commendable
Aug 7, 2017
Hi ! I'm trying to figure out if my PC is working at it's best.
My specs are :
650 W Corsair
1070 strix
i7 6700
16 gb of ram.

I've checked the temps, all under 65 .

My problem is that I'm trying to play RLCraft , an Minecraft modpack, and I'm having lag. I'm having lag on minecraft using almost the worst settings. I will try to look on RLCraft forums but I also want to know if there is a way to check if my pc is at max power. pls help.

Solution
For that setup, 90 average seems okay to me. Do you have OptiFine installed by any chance? It's a great mod for increasing frame rate and performance, with a ton of expanded graphics and optimization options.

I've got it installed with an R7 2700X and RX 5700, average FPS maxes out around 130ish for me on pretty much all max settings.

Are you experiencing lag on singleplayer? There should be no reason for this as there's no internet connection used for single. If it's happening on multiplayer, it could either be due to low performance from your own internet, or from the connection of whoever hosts the server(s) you visit. Realms can have a bit of lag sometimes too.

xXNickTheBeastXx

Commendable
Aug 7, 2017
Is it lag or reduced framerate? Are you experiencing this just on multiplayer or single player as well?

Check your task manager and see which components are being maxed out while using the modpack, if any.
I guess it's actually just this one. I mean I don't know, depends on my settings, I can play Warzone at 80 fps with max settings but not all games. I will do what you told me to and I will also look on the web on how to reduce lag and then update. Thanks.

Also, it's lag and reduced framerate.

EDIT : My Processor is at 100% when the game starts, then after rendering is done I can walk around without any problems , and the processor goes somewhere between 40% and 80%. The gpu stays somewhere at 40% but the game still doesn't feel like 144fps it does reach that point a few times but on avarage it's 90 fps.

Processor : i7-6700 3.40Ghz
Gpu : 1070 STRIX
Ram : 16
Motherboard : Maximus Hero VII

Last edited:
For that setup, 90 average seems okay to me. Do you have OptiFine installed by any chance? It's a great mod for increasing frame rate and performance, with a ton of expanded graphics and optimization options.

I've got it installed with an R7 2700X and RX 5700, average FPS maxes out around 130ish for me on pretty much all max settings.

Are you experiencing lag on singleplayer? There should be no reason for this as there's no internet connection used for single. If it's happening on multiplayer, it could either be due to low performance from your own internet, or from the connection of whoever hosts the server(s) you visit. Realms can have a bit of lag sometimes too.

Solution

xXNickTheBeastXx

Commendable
Aug 7, 2017

It's singleplayer, I mean I don't really know how hardware works, shouldn't it supposed to be at 100% for maximum performance? I get that it doesn't need to be 100% if I don't have lag, but I'm not even reaching the fps I want and it's still not max power. Optifine is installed. Seems like bs to me, and I'm trying to forget that I bought this gpu for the amount of a 2080 three years ago lmao .