[SOLVED] How do I know what speed my memory is running?

zbs60

Reputable
Apr 2, 2019
HI All

I built a office computer a couple of weeks ago using a ASROCK b450 pro and Crucial Ballistics ddr 4 24000 3000mcs memory. Will the motherboard automatically run this memory at it highest speed? I went into the system settings. It said xmp 2.0 profile ddr 3000 16-18-18-38 1.35v. Load xmp setting is set to auto So, is the memory running at it highest speed?

thanks

zack

Solution
The most accurate way would be to look in the bios under your memory settings, depending on your bios it could even just be displayed on the main screen of the bios when entering.

While in windows you can use CPU-Z (keep in mind it will only show a number HALF of your actual speed as it only shows the speed for 1 stick so you multiply the number you see in cpuz by 2 to get your actual speed if your running in dual channel)

A quick way, but not accurate in SOME cases, is to simply open task manager and go over to performance, then memory. At the bottom, top right it will say Speed. Next to that will be a number. Same as CPUz it only shows the speed of 1 stick, so you have to double it to get the real speed (1500mhz=3000mhz speed etc.)
The most accurate way would be to look in the bios under your memory settings, depending on your bios it could even just be displayed on the main screen of the bios when entering.

While in windows you can use CPU-Z (keep in mind it will only show a number HALF of your actual speed as it only shows the speed for 1 stick so you multiply the number you see in cpuz by 2 to get your actual speed if your running in dual channel)

A quick way, but not accurate in SOME cases, is to simply open task manager and go over to performance, then memory. At the bottom, top right it will say Speed. Next to that will be a number. Same as CPUz it only shows the speed of 1 stick, so you have to double it to get the real speed (1500mhz=3000mhz speed etc.)

Solution

boju

Titan
Ambassador

DDR and dual channel are different terms. Windows/diagnostic programs such as Cpuz reads SDR (Single data rate) regardless of how many memory modules there are.

Yes, times Dram frequency under the memory tab in Cpuz by two to equal Double Data Rate.

Reactions: Jason H.